Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No LTE radio on N9005ZZHDMK1

Premium Member
    I thought so but I was not certain on 100%...
    Last edited by Dychowski; 05-03-2014 at 16:48.

This is clearly a confused phone - or is it?
    If we ignore the 'French box' part, what we have here is a Hong Kong TGY Note 3.
    The firmware is for Hong Kong and depending upon the network it was designed to support, the LTE is set up for one of the following frequencies:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 1800 3 FDD January 2013 Network covers Mass Transit Railway ([ Login above or register to see download links. ]).[ Login above or register to see download links. ][[ Login above or register to see download links. ]]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 2600 7 FDD April 2012 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 2300 40 TDD December 2012 [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 1800 3 FDD August 2012 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 2600 7 FDD August 2012 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Genius Brand ([ Login above or register to see download links. ] / [ Login above or register to see download links. ]) [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 2600 7 FDD May 2012 [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 1800 3 FDD August 2012 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 1800 3 FDD August 2012 [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    The Ireland LTE frequencies are

[ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 1800 3 FDD January 2014 [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] (Meteor & Emobile) [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 800 20 FDD September 2013 [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] (Meteor & Emobile) [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 1800 3 FDD September 2013 [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 800 20 FDD October 2013 [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Looking at the frequencies, the common one is 1800 MHz, but as LTE has not been activated, we can assume that the Ireland operating frequency is 800MHz.

Solution:
    Install a firmware for Ireland (Meteor)
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

COMMENTS?

Premium Member
    Is the comment :-) you Are great :-), he can be ? :-) but I do not like firmware branding that is why give the different option :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dychowski [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Is the comment :-) you Are great :-), he can be ? :-) but I do not like firmware branding that is why give the different option :-)
    LOL.No,
    Like you Dychowski, I want our members to get the best service, so looking for any issues that may arise.
    Do you think unbranded would be better than Meteor?
    I would usually agree, but let's give the OP the option.

Premium Member
    I will say so... on my forum nobody wants branding..because always this is fa... all make unbranding and all work on open rom and they are satisfied but the customer has to here choose which he wants the option :-)

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    LOL.No,
    Like you Dychowski, I want our members to get the best service, so looking for any issues that may arise.
    Do you think unbranded would be better than Meteor?
    I would usually agree, but let's give the OP the option.
    Well I will give you 1000 thanks on your post, if it works, but have to try first.

Thanks.

Anyway what's the unbranded option?

And installing a ROM for a device not made in Ireland but in Hong Kong won't make the device unbootable?

Quote Originally Posted by KyoKusanagi2 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    And installing a ROM for a device not made in Ireland but in Hong Kong won't make the device unbootable?
    You may be right, in that it appears that Samsung have given the Hong Kong SM-N9005 a 16GB memory, whereas it is usually 32GB.

You can check this on your phone, and if a 16GB version, look here on repartitioning and installing the firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    You may be right, in that it appears that Samsung have given the Hong Kong SM-N9005 a 16GB memory, whereas it is usually 32GB.

You can check this on your phone, and if a 16GB version, look here on repartitioning and installing the firmware.
    And first of all how to make a complete image and backup of my phone before installing a new rom?

If the new rom wont let the phone boot, is it still possible to put the old rom back?