Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: upgrade

Lightbulb upgrade

I have just upgraded my firmware to 4.3 and immediately the menu key and the back key on my Samsung Galaxy Note II stopped working though everything else is working perfect.

Any one with the same problem and a solution worked for them????
    Zarc

Premium Member
    Hi mate,
    Write as you made the update of Kies or Odin ? Were you making wipe date and wipe cache from the level recovery ? This the good option but you will lose all data after this option because phone restores to the factory state.
    What rom were you actualizing, what you had and what you have at present, what is CSC ?
    Last edited by Dychowski; 04-03-2014 at 13:47.

Quote Originally Posted by zarcokere [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have just upgraded my firmware to 4.3 and immediately the menu key and the back key on my Samsung Galaxy Note II stopped working though everything else is working perfect.

Any one with the same problem and a solution worked for them????
    Zarc
    This could be a bad installation.

First of all try removing battery and leaving our for 10 minutes before replacing.

If that does not work, then as [ Login above or register to see download links. ] has asked, how you installed the firmware, and which one it was is quite important for us to provide advice.
    If a Kies install, then reinstall using the Tools manu as decribed here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

If you installed with Odin, then install this app to give your:
    Region Code
    PDA version
    CSC version

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I recieved a notification on my phone that a software upgrade is available, so i activated my wi-fi and installed the upgrade. I did not use Kies or Odin.

I really appreciate the quick responses

Premium Member
    Because we are quick boys :-) OK, This is OTA update but something went bad.
    In such incident my proposal to enter this in the mode recovery and to make wipe date and wipe cache but let's wait on opinions greenman because my option is radical and greenman he has always gentle options :-).

Quote Originally Posted by zarcokere [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I recieved a notification on my phone that a software upgrade is available, so i activated my wi-fi and installed the upgrade. I did not use Kies or Odin.

I really appreciate the quick responses
    OTA's can go wrong.
    I would recommend the Kies > Tools method to reinstall your firmware.

I use this often just to refresh my firmware and perk up the performance.

Thanks for the feedback

Greenman, I took the phone to a Samsung Care shop and they told me that it could be the screen or the motherboard, do you think they could be right??

Premium Member
    I do not believe because has what update to the damage of the motherboard ? not logical for me..if there was all before update OK, rather little probable, that OTA brake the motherboard, I did not hear about such case.
    Excuse me....this was not the question to me :-)

If you have phone not to the use already and so you can yourself do this the test... flashing Odin new firmware or wipe date and wipe cache, we will convince ourselves or and the main plate or only firmware obviously if you like good play :-)

greenman edit:
    Excuse me jumping into your reply Dychowski, but wanted to fully agrree with your answer.
    Samsung service
    Last edited by greenman; 04-03-2014 at 14:34.

Thanks for the assurance. I will try with Kies and Odin and will let you know of the results.