Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [GT-I9300] firmware help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[GT-I9300] firmware help

Hi just to make sure since I don't really understand these stuff, what is the correct firmware for my phone?
    Its
    Region code: TUR
    Bootloader version: I9300XXEMF6
    BASEBAND VERSION: I9300XXEMA5
    CSC: I9300OJVEMF1
    PDA: I9300XXEMF6
    I looked for the latest firmware for turkey but these codes were all different than mine. Where can I find the exact codes and latest firmware appropriate for my phone?

My problem is, I bought this phone clean then I rooted it now and the firmware ever since when I bought was 4.1. I want to unroot my phone to get back warranty and return my phone like how I bought it (such as be able to update firmware with samsung official method and not have to rely on any other alternatives and get rid of any other problems) so I found a tutorial to use triangle away then flash correct rom then reset in recovery mode. Will I be able to reach my goal?

hello sontakarot
    if you want to come back to original firmware you can use kies
    do not connect your phone to the pc in first , open kies/tools/upgrade and initialization / GT-I9300/ your S/N number( under your battery) and follow kies instructions
    for the latest firmware you can see here: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    best regards
    Last edited by yakapa40; 03-03-2014 at 08:29.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sontakarot [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi just to make sure since I don't really understand these stuff, what is the correct firmware for my phone?
    Its
    I looked for the latest firmware for turkey but these codes were all different than mine. Where can I find the exact codes and latest firmware appropriate for my phone?

My problem is, I bought this phone clean then I rooted it now and the firmware ever since when I bought was 4.1. I want to unroot my phone to get back warranty and return my phone like how I bought it (such as be able to update firmware with samsung official method and not have to rely on any other alternatives and get rid of any other problems) so I found a tutorial to use triangle away then flash correct rom then reset in recovery mode. Will I be able to reach my goal?
    As well I understood, you want to reset the counter flash .... so reset Tringle first and just later flashing as the colleague recommended new rom because tringle requires root and install new rom you again have to him root and now you again do not have the guarantee :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sontakarot [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Its

Ok, yes you can return to complete stock to how you bought it (un-rooted, un-customised) but you need to give us more information as follows;

1 = Is your phone totally unlocked (can you use any sim provider).

2 = Now can you do the following;

1, remove battery from the phone and DO NOT PUT BACK IN for the remainder of these instructions
    2, underneath the battery on the phone is the imei# and serial#
    3, you need the serial# and leave the battery out for this task
    4, now start Kies that is on your P.C and make sure you have a internet connection
    5, from the menu bar go to Tools and select firmware upgrade and initialization
    6, enter the model GT-I9300 (make sure its CAPITALS GT-I)
    7, enter serial# (CAPITALS again)
    8, press OK to initalize (dont worry you should not have a battery in )
    9, this will now give you the string = Initialised version PDA:*** / PHONE:*** / CSC:*** (***) this is what we want to see
    10, now take a screenshot and post back here.

3 = Now download this app run it and screenshot it and post back here.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by samsungfozzy [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Ok, yes you can return to complete stock to how you bought it (un-rooted, un-customised) but you need to give us more information as follows;

1 = Is your phone totally unlocked (can you use any sim provider).

2 = Now can you do the following;

1, remove battery from the phone and DO NOT PUT BACK IN for the remainder of these instructions
    2, underneath the battery on the phone is the imei# and serial#
    3, you need the serial# and leave the battery out for this task
    4, now start Kies that is on your P.C and make sure you have a internet connection
    5, from the menu bar go to Tools and select firmware upgrade and initialization
    6, enter the model GT-I9300 (make sure its CAPITALS GT-I)
    7, enter serial# (CAPITALS again)
    8, press OK to initalize (dont worry you should not have a battery in )
    9, this will now give you the string = Initialised version PDA:*** / PHONE:*** / CSC:*** (***) this is what we want to see
    10, now take a screenshot and post back here.

3 = Now download this app run it and screenshot it and post back here.
    Ok ill do like you say right now I am unable to access to the internet so it might be a couple of days before I can do it and post back. My phone is unlocked to all mobile services but not sure if it work in other countries. I bought this phone it wasnt locked a specific phone service. Just to know, what is kies and what happens when I do the things you told me and after I post back using the application what are my next steps? From the application what do I need to post exactly?
    If you could answer these questions I wont have to post everytime and since I am going to be able to do it in a couple of days I just want to know before hand.
    Thanks
    And sorry for all the simple requests its just that I probably have the least knowledge in these forums about this and I don't want anything to go wrong ]

Ok ill do like you say right now I am unable to access to the internet so it might be a couple of days before I can do it and post back. My phone is unlocked to all mobile services but not sure if it work in other countries. I bought this phone it wasnt locked a specific phone service. Just to know, what is kies and what happens when I do the things you told me and after I post back using the application what are my next steps? From the application what do I need to post exactly?
    If you could answer these questions I wont have to post everytime and since I am going to be able to do it in a couple of days I just want to know before hand.
    Thanks
    And sorry for all the simple requests its just that I probably have the least knowledge in these forums about this and I don't want anything to go wrong ]
    If you can try different sims or have tried different sims it would confirm it is not locked.

Kies is official Samsung software it used to backup some of your phone, move files (photo's,video's e.t.c) to and from your phone - P.C.
    Read the following page and tutorial.

You can download it from the tool bar on this page once you are at the download page select Kies 3, but here you are anyway.

Once you have downloaded it, install it and then try simple file transfer using your USB cable to confirm you can interact with each other.

Ok thanks for the info what happens when use kies to initialize my phone? (With battery off)
    What do I need to do next after doing that to return it completely back to normal?
    And is there anything I have to do beforehand since my phone is rooted? (For example, use triangle away or anything)
    And my phone works with all phone companies in turkey so it is unlocked and my firmware is 4.1.2 so kies 3 wont work I think.
    I am asking too much but I would be glad if you can help once more.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by sontakarot; 04-03-2014 at 08:19.

Let me list the process :
    1. Use TriangleAway to return your binary counter to 0 and your firmware report to Official.
    2. Install firmware to match your phone Product Code (TUR)
    You can do this either with Kies > Tools

Or

Download firmware from SamMobile and install with Odin.

Your phone will be back to stock and can be updated with Kies.
    Last edited by greenman; 04-03-2014 at 08:26.

Ok thanks for the info what happens when use kies to initialize my phone? (With battery off)
    What do I need to do next after doing that to return it completely back to normal?
    And is there anything I have to do beforehand since my phone is rooted? (For example, use triangle away or anything)
    And my phone works with all phone companies in turkey so it is unlocked and my firmware is 4.1.2 so kies 3 wont work I think.
    I am asking too much but I would be glad if you can help once more.
    Thanks!
    1 = Nothing will happen to your phone, after you have put in the data from under the battery Kies will access the Samsung data base and retrieve the informatioin of the initialised version of your phone. We need this information to guide you in the right direction and a screenshot is best way.

2 + 3 = Once you have completed the required information in post #4 we can tell you what to do next

4 = As you have tested other sims in your phone we can assume it is unlocked

5 = Kies 3 will work, it does not need the phone for the required info.

6 = You will also need Kies 3 to upgrade to 4.3
    Last edited by samsungfozzy; 04-03-2014 at 21:42.

Premium Member
    This is somehow OK but under the mountain... did you try to flashing your rom normally by Odin ?
    You rom is here :

I9300XXEMF6 I9300OJVEMF1 I9300XXEMA5 TUR Turkey 4.1.2 27.06.2013 1287119

Android 4.3 for you is here :

I9300XXUGMK6 I9300OJVGML1 I9300XXUGMK6 TUR Turkey /Unbranded 4.3 28.11.2013 2168382
    Last edited by Dychowski; 02-03-2014 at 21:52.