Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [GT-I9505] PROBLEM WITH MY BATTERY AFTER INSTALL 4.4 (i9505)

[GT-I9505] PROBLEM WITH MY BATTERY AFTER INSTALL 4.4 (i9505)

Hello! After I installed version 4.4.2 my phone battery you no longer loaded. I held two days before, now is not you or me half a day. Does anyone know what I can do and if you can solve the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by dolarica [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello! After I installed version 4.4.2 my phone battery you no longer loaded. I held two days before, now is not you or me half a day. Does anyone know what I can do and if you can solve the problem?
    Battery problems are common after installing new firmware.

1. There can be conflicts with previous firmware.
    The battery has to work harder and the phone may get hot.

2. The phone also needs to go through at least 3 charge/discharge cycles for the charginh chip to settle down.

Solution to (1)
    Backup your data with Helium app.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Now go to Recovery Mode:
    Press and hold Volume up + Home button + Power button (all 3 together)
    Use Volume to choose Clear Cache.
    Now Power button to action.

Do same again, but this time Clear Data/Factory reset.
    Your phone will restart with the same firmware, you have installed.

For (2)
    This is what Samsung say:
    How to Factory Reset - according to Samsung
    Thank you for contacting Samsung.

Iím sorry you are having issues with your device after upgrading the firmware. I can understand your frustration about this.

Old systems settings can be left on the phone after an update occurs, which is why we usually recommend a full factory reset after updating. If this isnít done your device may begin to give false readings from system resources, or experience technical problems, which may explain the issue you are having.

We would advise on doing the following, which is designed to reset the settings on your device. Please back up your device using Samsung KIES before you do this.

1) Remove the battery for at least 40 minutes, put the battery back in and allow it to fully discharge. Afterwards, perform a full battery charge with the device turned off. Do not interrupt the charging process.

2) After the battery is fully charged, we would like you to perform a full factory reset, which can be done via Settings > Backup > Reset.

This process will reset your device, remove old system files that are no longer needed and enable your device to operate normally again.

Please let us know if your device continues to experience problems after the reset so we can investigate further.

If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

Stewart
    Online Support Team
    SAMSUNG Customer Support Centre

thank you! i will try the second method

don t work ! i change the battery with another new battery and dont work

Super Moderator
    have you tried the fist option

yes i tried but dont work.i want to install 4.2 version but i cant because i have 4.4.do you know any method to install 4.2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by dolarica [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    yes i tried but dont work.i want to install 4.2 version but i cant because i have 4.4.do you know any method to install 4.2 ?
    Not possible at this time unless you saved the previous version with a nandroid backup or at least the EFS folder.
    The EFS folder has changed to version 2 in 4.3 onwards, and the added problem of a locked bootloader in KitKat will make any downgrade impossible.

pffff...thanks for your reply

pffff...thanks for your reply
    You could always look at a custom version.
    I like the Wanam firmware as close to stock:

One of the best is CyanogenMod, and now with an installer to make things easy:

i will try, thank you!