Thread: [GT-P5113] un able to install Custom ROM

[GT-P5113] un able to install Custom ROM

Hey everyone I am very green to ROMS and modding .I have a Samsung Galaxy GT-P5113 it had 4.2.2 prior to my messing it up I was attempting to remove many of the stock apps from it and attempted to root it. In the process of do that I must have neglected to do a step. because now it boots only to the Samsung logo with the blue glow and no further sometimes I get it to the point where I can enter my user information. but just before it reboots after I have entered the user info I get a message that "unfortunately the set up wizard has stopped working . then it goes back to booting only to the Samsung glowing logo.

I have tried to down load other rROMS to try to see if tey may work but no luck I used Odin 1.85, 3.07 but no joy tried;CF-Auto-Root-espresso10wifi-espresso10wifibby-gtp5113.tar no luck;Slim-p5110-4.4.2.build.3-OFFICIAL-3079.tar no joy;CHECKSUM the tar file with MD5 summer and found error in every .tar i downloaded. I even went into recovery mode trying to install a rom from the sd card but got the error E:sdcard failed to mount. I am at my wits end can anyone shed some light on what I can do, or what files I need to fix it a step by step guide would be helpful as all those I followed didn't help.you can email me any help to my email:[email protected] I am very desperate about now its been three days working on this.:conf sed:

Thanks guys

PS I had included files showing the resulting errors I am receiving. Please help.THANKS!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't think there is a major problem here.
    First of all, your Odin install failed because it couldn't open the com port.

This is linked to either not having the phone drivers installed on your PC (did you install Kies, then connect your phone ,and allow your PC to recognise and then install the hardware?)

Or you are not using an original quality USB lead.

Or You are not connecting directly to your PC USB port and not through a USB hub.

Or you have not tried another USB port on the PC.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******************

At this point, and after so many other changes, I would try to get back to your original firmware, then start again.

To get back to your original firmware, first of all try this:
    Open Kies and make sure it is up to date.
    Connect your device with original quality USB lead.
    Allow the PC to recognise and install any new hardware.

Now go to Tols > Firmware Upgrade and initialisation.
    Read and follow this link:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

If Kies will not initialise your device then you are going to have to install the firmware with Odin.
    Do you have any idea of the original firmware?
    Country/network?
    If you can let us know, we can post a link and then an Odin install tutorial (although you may know this)

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I don't think there is a major problem here.
    First of all, your Odin install failed because it couldn't open the com port.

This is linked to either not having the phone drivers installed on your PC (did you install Kies, then connect your phone ,and allow your PC to recognise and then install the hardware?)

Or you are not using an original quality USB lead.

Or You are not connecting directly to your PC USB port and not through a USB hub.

Or you have not tried another USB port on the PC.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******************

At this point, and after so many other changes, I would try to get back to your original firmware, then start again.

To get back to your original firmware, first of all try this:
    Open Kies and make sure it is up to date.
    Connect your device with original quality USB lead.
    Allow the PC to recognise and install any new hardware.

Now go to Tols > Firmware Upgrade and initialisation.
    Read and follow this link:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

If Kies will not initialise your device then you are going to have to install the firmware with Odin.
    Do you have any idea of the original firmware?
    Country/network?
    If you can let us know, we can post a link and then an Odin install tutorial (although you may know this)
    First off THANK YOU!! for such a rapid response.I will do as you instructed and see if it resolves the problem.

Sorry after thanking you forgot to tell you the cable is the original also the firmware was 4.2.2 US region I believe may have been version not sure (unit belongs to a friend).
    Also in the files I sent can you tell me 3why MD5 summer says there exist an error with every firmware file i download and check to verify the chksum? also why isn't the sdcard not mounting in recivery. mounting. the .zip files are on the root of the sdcard. Sorry to be so green and bothersome trying to learn the processes.