Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [GT-P5200] stuck in boot loop!! Help!!

Exclamation [GT-P5200] stuck in boot loop!! Help!!

I was flashing a new custom ROM on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. When the Tab rebooted, it only showed the "Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" logo, and then afterwards, it turned off. When i try to turn it on, it does the same every time. Also, when i plug the Tab into the wall charger, a weird looking picture comes up, instead of a normal, charging battery. The new picture that comes up, is a battery, with a sort of speed-o-meter inside the battery. (Very weird indeed). The Tab does boot up in Recovery Mode and Download Mode, but i have tried everything in both of these modes.
    I live in Denmark, so i don't really know which firmware i exactly is going to use.
    Please help me out of this trouble asap!

Quote Originally Posted by andreasbund [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I was flashing a new custom ROM on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. When the Tab rebooted, it only showed the "Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" logo, and then afterwards, it turned off. When i try to turn it on, it does the same every time. Also, when i plug the Tab into the wall charger, a weird looking picture comes up, instead of a normal, charging battery. The new picture that comes up, is a battery, with a sort of speed-o-meter inside the battery. (Very weird indeed). The Tab does boot up in Recovery Mode and Download Mode, but i have tried everything in both of these modes.
    I live in Denmark, so i don't really know which firmware i exactly is going to use.
    Please help me out of this trouble asap!
    Not a lot to go on to give you help.

Can you link to the custom firmware that you installed?

If you are thinking of returning to stock firmware, can you give an idea if your tab was locked to a network and which country you think it orginated?

I flashed this: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

And, it is not locked to any network. I live in Denmark, and it also originated from there i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by andreasbund [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I flashed this: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

And, it is not locked to any network. I live in Denmark, and it also originated from there i believe.
    From the few messages, this does not look like a stable firmware at the moment.

Unfortunately, the CyanogenMod firmware is also not very stable yet for the P5200.

As the firmware you have installed is almost stock, then I would advise returning to stock.
    There is no firmware for Denmark, so it's a guess as to your original firmware or you can try this:

Open Kies (not Kies3)
    Remove battery from Tab and connect to Kies (battery out)
    Go to Tools menu.
    Follow instructions (model number and serial number as in battery bay)
    Continue on until you get a firmware string.
    This is your original firmware and Product Code.
    Note these, then cancel.

Post your results, or look here for your firmware to download and install with Odin.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

So i just managed to download the appropriate firmware for my Tab. I flashed it in Odin, but when it reboots, it is stuck at the weird battery again...

So i just managed to download the appropriate firmware for my Tab. I flashed it in Odin, but when it reboots, it is stuck at the weird battery again...
    Can you post a screen shot?

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

It does like this after flashing firmware in Odin..
    It shows this picture for like 6 seconds or so, and then it reboots, and does the same again...

That's a new one on me.
    Going to take a search to find out what it means.
    Back if I get an answer - hopefully someone will recognise this for you.

I hope so! It it just very frustrating! Really hope you can find an answer for me, cause i really can't find one myself!!

NB. Also if i boot into Recovery Mode, there is a Android Robot laying down, with a red exclamation mark inside.. Don't know if this has anything to say..