Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modem Baseband questions

Question Modem Baseband questions

Hi guys,

I flashed my i9505 phone with a new modem and boot loader in order to get the Omega Rom update to 4.4. However I have noticed since I have been trying to make/receive phone calls it freezes up and gives me a black screen although the call does actually go through and ring on the other end. I think my settings are wrong I am on O2 UK can anyone tell me how I can get the correct settings?

AP: I9505GUEUBMG8
    CP: I9505XXUEMK8
    CSC. I9505GXARBMG8

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nathan2oo3 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi guys,

I flashed my i9505 phone with a new modem and boot loader in order to get the Omega Rom update to 4.4. However I have noticed since I have been trying to make/receive phone calls it freezes up and gives me a black screen although the call does actually go through and ring on the other end. I think my settings are wrong I am on O2 UK can anyone tell me how I can get the correct settings?

AP: I9505GUEUBMG8
    CP: I9505XXUEMK8
    CSC. I9505GXARBMG8

Thanks
    I'm a little confused here.
    The AP and CSC would appear to be for the Google Play edition of the i9505.
    Is this what you have?

Yes I have Google Edition Omega Rom. However prior to that I had Touchwiz Omega Rom which was 4.3 and I updated the boot loader and modem as per these instructions:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

So all was working fine until I realised my phone calls aren't working correctly and I had no Wifi. I then flashed the I9505XXUEMK8 modem. According to sammobile this is the one I need and this brought back my Wifi access but I still have trouble making receiving calls. Every time I make a call the screen goes black and the Dialer app goes crazy. The call goes through but I am unable to answer the call as it freezes up the phone.

Thanks

Are the AP and CSC incorrect? Could you please help me out with this as I am a little confused by the whole AP, CP, CSC, PDA etc...

Let's be clear here.
    You have an i9505 not an i9505G.

You've installed the I9505G MG8 firmware along with an I9505 MK8 modem, and are wondering why the mixture isn't working very well?
    It's not usually a good idea to mix android versions of modems let alone models, but good luck to you.

I guess that you like the 'vanilla' style look of the S4 Google Play version, but can't help but think you have made life difficult.

If your phone is unlocked, why not consider installing this newer version of the Omega TW ROM.

Yes it is an i9505

Ok, I was unaware of this fact. I was just trying to flash a version of the modem (as I read these were independent from the firmware version)

Yes the Play Edition runs a lot quicker and smoother than the touchwiz. I have installed Omega 4.4 touchwiz twice now but it keeps freezing up when I try to unlock the screen. Also when I try to install the modem in Odin it fails, the boot loader installs fine though when done separately. I am able to receive text messages and mobile data fine could this be another issue other than the modem/bootloader I installed yesterday? I was informed by O2 my carrier that they are implementing 4G access for me now.

Thanks

How can I restore them to original settings greenman please?

Thanks

When playing with Modem's it can be a bit hit and miss.
    The developers modify modem's to match the firmware.

If you want to continue with the Google Play firmware, then I would try to find a modem version that is nearer to the android version (AP)
    At this link

this modem would appear to be a closer match:

XXUBMG7 -

Have you any idea why it fails flashing the modem in Odin. It did work the last modem I flashed however it told me that it had failed in Odin, just when I checked the device it had updated. Do I need to have the phone unlocked from the Carrier in order to do the modem flash?

I read in the first link you sent me it 'Ensure the device is unlocked (not locked to a specific carrier) and rooted'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nathan2oo3 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    How can I restore them to original settings greenman please?

Thanks
    Ae you looking to return to stock?
    Is your phone unlocked or locked to O2?