Thread: Motherboard swap

Motherboard swap

My s3 died its a international gt-I9300 with the quad core processor and 1gb of ram.

Can i order a good motherboard from the usa with the dual core processor and 2gb of ram and place that in my passed away s3?

I am thinking of that cause:
    Now the phone is scrap and i cant find a motherboard here in europe and i have a new s3 and i wanne compare them....So for 80-90 dollar + 20-30 dollar i can have a working s3 again.

Who helps me out.

Quote Originally Posted by berniessen [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    My s3 died its a international gt-I9300 with the quad core processor and 1gb of ram.

Can i order a good motherboard from the usa with the dual core processor and 2gb of ram and place that in my passed away s3?

I am thinking of that cause:
    Now the phone is scrap and i cant find a motherboard here in europe and i have a new s3 and i wanne compare them....So for 80-90 dollar + 20-30 dollar i can have a working s3 again.

Who helps me out.
    samsung phones take a lot of killing.
    Are you sure it is dead?

If you can get into download mode it is still possible to revive it.
    If you cannot get into download mode, get hold of a usb jig (or make one) and that will force your phone into download mode.

I think your proposal is unlikely to work, and would probably work out more expensive than a second hand Ebay i9300.

Really its dead...I got me a usb jig today and it was my last hope...It keeps rebooting like i can get in download mode for like a few sec and then it reboots...

As soon as connect the battery it starts its says galaxy sIII gt-i9300 over and over and over...
    And download mode i can get in but only for a few sec and then it restarts....So i need a new/2th hand motherbord...and i cant get them here in Holland so i was thinking of getting me one from the usa with a dual core 1,7gh 2gb ram just to see if it works..
    Last edited by berniessen; 19-02-2014 at 22:23. Reason: spelling mistakes

I never like to give up

Have you tried starting in Safe Mode in case it's an app that is conflicting?

Safe mode :
    Press and hold Volume down + Power button until Samsung screen.
    Release power but keep volume down.

User apps will not be loaded.

Also, remove external sd card in case that is force closing.

Also, remove sim card before rebooting.

All of these can cause the problems you are having.

Nah its fried inside i read alot about it a memory chip is dodgy and and causes this..

Its not my vid but my phone does 100% the same....Nothing works.....Its dead here is the link:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

You can buy them on ebay UK pretty easily.