Thread: Firmware update through kies ERROR.Need urgent help

Exclamation Firmware update through kies ERROR.Need urgent help

Hello everyone.I am new to this forum and i hope there will be someone who can help me.

I have galaxy s4 GT-I9500 as i have rooted my device and used custom roms and modification on it and now i want to make my device stock.So i tried to flash a stock firmware downloaded from sam mobiles firmware section according to my country and flashed it using odin v 3.09 but after that i was not recieving any updates so i want to flash it using kies 3.
    so i tried to use kies feature that is "firmware upgrade and initializing" and i entered my model name that is GT-I9500 and then it asked for S/N (serial number) i also entered it and when i clicked okay it gives me a error saying that is "GT-I9500" does not support initializing .Please there got to be some fix to it.Please help me.I really need to use kies rather than odin.

My firmware details :

Product Code : XSG (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES)
    PDA: I9500XXUEMJ8
    CSC: I9500OJVEMJ8
    MODEM: I9500XXUEMJ8

Your firmware is here:
    Model: GT-I9500
    Version: Android 4.3
    Changelist: 1938685
    Build date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 13:26:30 +0000
    Product Code: XSG
    PDA: I9500XXUEMJ8
    CSC: I9500OJVEMJ8
    MODEM: I9500XXUEMJ8

and completely as stock, but also up to date.
    Kies will therefore not provide an update - as there isn't one.

I am surprised that you couldn't use the Kies>Tools menu to upgrade your firmware (or in fact reinstall it)
    Did you use an original USB lead and try a different USB port on the PC?

To find the original firmware and country code for your phone:
    Try again, but this time take out the phone battery, and leave it out when you connect to Tools > Upgrade firmware and initialization.
    You will have to put in your phone model GT-I9500, and your serial number (in battery space)

Follow instructions until you get to a firmware string with 3 letter code and make a note of it.
    This is the original firmware and country code for your phone.
    Now CANCEL

You can also find more information about your phone by installing this app:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Ok... But why can't I use the reinstall or upgrade feature In kies 3. I tried to connect my phone to different port but it still gives me error GT-I9500 does not support initializing.. I always get this error no matter what I try. I tried to reinstall kids and drivers but still this problem haven't solved. What to do now

Quote Originally Posted by Abhirockz [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Ok... But why can't I use the reinstall or upgrade feature In kies 3. I tried to connect my phone to different port but it still gives me error GT-I9500 does not support initializing.. I always get this error no matter what I try. I tried to reinstall kids and drivers but still this problem haven't solved. What to do now
    By obtaining more information about your phone, as I have suggested - we may be able to answer that question.

There are a number of things that can produce this message. The connection or the firmware.

Do you have a good Internet connection?
    Is your antivirus blocking access?
    Use a USB 2 port rather than usb3.

i have a 4mbps connection .I have disabled the antivirus while using kies and i have used usb 2.0 port but it still does not fix that problem

Quote Originally Posted by Abhirockz [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    i have a 4mbps connection .I have disabled the antivirus while using kies and i have used usb 2.0 port but it still does not fix that problem
    Perhaps wait until there is an update, and you may be offered it.
    At the moment, your firmware is up to date.

ok..anyways thanx for the help
    Last edited by Abhirockz; 15-02-2014 at 20:12.