Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S3 modem probably

S3 modem probably

Diddly of a pickle with this phone.

It went back to Samsung because the USB didn't work, no charging or recognition by PC except when in download mode (V-, home, power)

Samsung refused to even look at it, "liquid ingress" being the reason quoted.

It then came back and went to a curry house that said they could mend it, why people should think that people in curry houses can mend phones I have no idea.

So then it came back and I was asked to have a go. I ripped it to bits and mended the charging and PC detection problem so now the phone apparently works correctly except (isn't there always). It works no longer though it did work before all this started.

Initially the firmware on this phone had never been updated. I know this because I gave the girl that owned it some stick about them bricking with the old firmware and telling her she should update it. On return from it's travels it has 4.3 on and seems to be the one with the encrypted baseband/bootloader?, this is not good.

I can use Odin to replace the firmware with whatever, I can root it and install CWM no problem. I can go back to the firmwares from here for the Tmobile phone but whatever I do it no worky. If I go to the lower firmwares the IMEI stuffs too.

I have read a lot, tried a lot and just know that if I carry on without some concrete instruction I am going to brick this phone. I don't care what version it ends up with as long as it works. It would be nice to have the phone unlocked while I'm at it though that is not really that important right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_2014-02-03-09-22-35.jpg  
    Last edited by Mjolinor; 08-02-2014 at 11:23.

I think I should add that currently it is as shown in the screen shot and is rooted with CWM installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_2014-02-08-11-00-55.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I think I should add that currently it is as shown in the screen shot and is rooted with CWM installed.
    Phew!
    Read your post twice and think I just about get what you are asking

First of all, do not try to install an 'open firmware' on a network locked phone.
    Stick to the TMobile or custom ( can get round a network locked phone)

To find out your original firmware can you :
    1. Start Kies and make sure it is up to date.
    2. Take battery out of phone (and leave out)
    3. Connect to PC and go to Kies > Tools >Upgrade Firmware and Initialization.

Follow instructions until you get the phone's original firmware and 3 letter code.
    Write them down and CANCEL the update.

Now find that original firmware and install with Odin.
    Before using Odin go to Recovery Mode and Clear Cache and then Clear Data.
    Upon restart turn off immediately and pit into download mode.

Thanks for that.

I can't boot the phone without the battery, if I boot the phone with the battery in and then remove the battery the phone shuts down.

Having followed the instructions (apart from the battery thing) I get to a screen that says:

PDA:MK6
    PHONE:MK1
    CSC:MK4 (SFR)

At this point I can "OK" or "cancel" I have done neither, it is just sitting.

Is this the information I need? How do I convert that information to a firmware file? The choices here in downloads are I9300XXELLA, I9300XXELL1, I9300BVBLH2, I9300BVBLG2, I9300BVALF4 and I9300BVALE4, I can't see anything in those file names that relates to the info provided by Kies.

Greenman is offline at the moment.
    That is what he meant;
    PDA:MK6
    PHONE:MK1
    CSC:MK4 (SFR)

So Cancel it now

Also can you download, install, run a program called "Check FUS" from the play store and post back the result !

You are using/have been using T mobile ? where (Country) ?
    Last edited by samsungfozzy; 08-02-2014 at 16:53.

To be honest your phone has been messed about with a lot

So we need to get the correct information to put the right firmware on it.

Is this a UNLOCKED phone ?

Phone is Tmobile UK and as far as I know it is locked to Tmobile.

Attached result of Check FUS, first screen and then what happens when I press OK.

It certainly has been messed with but I am not guilty. I can mend hardware all day long but the software is where I start asking, hopefully this asking will lead to a solution because google and reading hasn't done so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_2014-02-08-17-33-56.jpg   Screenshot_2014-02-08-17-34-53.jpg  

very messed up
    Your phone is not originally T-Mobile
    It is from France
    SFR is French owned by Vivendi the list of 4 French operators are;
    SFR
    Orange
    Bouygues Telecom
    and Free

Apparently the SFR network was created by Vodafone ?? I am afraid to say SFR is not T-mobile
    Last edited by samsungfozzy; 08-02-2014 at 18:15.

What this basically means is your phone has returned to being locked when it was upgraded/downgraded by who ever ?

This is why you lost the signal (locked back to SFR)

Also it has had 4.3 firmware installed, and because you were unlikely to have backed up the EFS you will have to stay with 4.3 firmware but that is not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by samsungfozzy [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    very messed up
    Your phone is not originally T-Mobile
    It is from France
    SFR is French owned by Vivendi the list of 4 French operators are;
    SFR
    Orange
    Bouygues Telecom
    and Free

Apparently the SFR network was created by Vodafone ?? I am afraid to say SFR is not T-mobile
    No, but Orange and TMobile are now part of the same organisation.
    In the UK they have been rebranded EE.