Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: S3 modem probably

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    OK, It is downloading right now, 30 minutes to go. I will install it then I will need to unlock it so she can use her original SIM. The phone was a replacement from her insurance company, she has had two replacement since her original purchase, both just completely died on her.
    Guessed that was the case.
    Unfortunately insurance company's will go for the cheapest rather than right option.

So how to unlock it, the Tmobile unlock code won't work I guess and the long number you stick in the dialler wont work on 4.3 I don't think. What are the other options?

The best way which would give you a permanent unlock and avoid any further lock problems, is to contact SFR and ask them to unlock it.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Otherwise you will have to look on "play store" for an app that can unlock 4.3 firmware.

or you could go down to the Curry House again
    Last edited by samsungfozzy; 08-02-2014 at 20:06.

Well all installed, looks pretty much the same as it always did while I have had it but I don't have a microsim to test it with.

I'll keep you informed and big thanks for the help so far. Don't be lulled into thinking you have finished, I am sure other things will surface.

OK I have now tried it with 2 different sim cards, one that it used to work with (Tmobile/EE) and a giff gaff one. Nothing has changed with the phone. If I look at the networks available then select any of them it says network unavailable, if I register automatically it says registered on network and the thing shows some bars on the network signal strength at the top.

I am expecting that if SFR is correct and the phone is locked to that network then inserting a non-SFR sim should give me a message prompting me for an unlock code. If SFR is correct and the phone is unlocked then any sim should work. Is this expectation correct?

If I dial *#0011# then it tells me that "IMEI CERTI:FAIL"

Can anyone suggest other things to try or is it doing what it should if it is locked to SFR?

hello mjolinor
    you can try this solution:
    don't connect the phone to the computer in first:
    open kies /tools/firmware upgrade and initialization/ enter your phone model ( GT-I9300)/ enter your S/N number and now follow kies instructions for coming back to your original firmware (ii9300 4.1.2 SFR)
    now with odin upgrade only with SFR 4.3 firmware ( [ Login above or register to see download links. ] )
    put your phone in recovery mode and wipe cache partition and data/factory reset
    control your EMEI and try the firmware if it's good you can change with another 4,3 i9300 firmware
    good luck and best regards

Quote Originally Posted by yakapa40 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    hello mjolinor
    you can try this solution:
    don't connect the phone to the computer in first:
    open kies /tools/firmware upgrade and initialization/ enter your phone model ( GT-I9300)/ enter your S/N number and now follow kies instructions for coming back to your original firmware (ii9300 4.1.2 SFR)
    now with odin upgrade only with SFR 4.3 firmware ( [ Login above or register to see download links. ] )
    put your phone in recovery mode and wipe cache partition and data/factory reset
    control your EMEI and try the firmware if it's good you can change with another 4,3 i9300 firmware
    good luck and best regards
    Kies crashes after it downloads something. This happens with ver 3 and the older one.

Hmm, going from bad to worse here. Kies now insists that GT-I9300 is not a valid model number.

yes i know upgrade now with SFR 4.3

So,
    No phone on computer
    Start kies, /tools/firmware upgrade and initialization
    Enter model and serial
    Click next, it says it can be done,
    click next, it says provider and all that stuff
    Click next, it downloads something unknown to somewhere unknown and crashes
    Start Odin
    Connect phone in download mode
    Put the file that is on the phone on the phone again.
    Clear caches in recovery

Is that right? Should I reboot after Kies crashes as there is part of it left in memory doing god knows what.