Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos has started lagging, stucks up, slow after new update 4.2.0

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos has started lagging, stucks up, slow after new update 4.2.0

There was an updated so i updated, ever since that day this phone has made my life miserable. ever since that update i have reset the phone every alternate day. Then i downloaded the latest updated (I9082XXUBMK8_I9082OJVBMJ1_KSA). i downloaded odin 3.09 and updated it through odin. but still the issue remains. one of the blog says that the phone is reset if you update via odin, but my phone was not reset automatically. i am not sure whats wrong or am i mssing something or am i doing it wrongly. I am keep the minimal data stored in phone or card due to this problem.
    I was a strong supporter of Samsung Galaxy but now i feel like cheated.

by the way, i am staying in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. I would appreciate if you give me advise to resolve this and also let me know i can upgrade it to new version. though my phone is in warranty but service centers in Riyadh (KSA) sucks. they dont know any thing. i am ready to loose my warranty. but please help.

version is 4.2.2 and not as mentioned in subject.

Can we start with some detail about your phone?
    If you install this app (I have it) :
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Then look in
    CSC INFO you can post:
    Sales Code

Now look in FIRMWARE INFO
    PDA Version
    CSC Version

From your information it is difficult to know if you have been to Recovery Mode and Clear Cache then CLear Data.
    This will clear lag, forced closures, heavy battery use after installing new firmware.
    Last edited by greenman; 02-02-2014 at 18:40.

Thanks for your super quick reply.
    I downloaded the app and the details are as under;
    Sales code : KSA
    PDA Version : I9082XXUBMK8
    CSC Version: I9082OJVBMJ1

I don't think if have done that recovery mode and clear Cache the Clear Data. I would appreciate if you can guide me to do it. I am not a Pro. please please help.

The only thing i did was i pressed Home+volume down and power button, a screen came up with android pic and some information and started updating via ODIN. I think i am the one who has messed it up

Quote Originally Posted by moin685 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    The only thing i did was i pressed Home+volume down and power button, a screen came up with android pic and some information and started updating via ODIN. I think i am the one who has messed it up
    No you didn't. Installing the firmware can cause the problems you have experienced due to conflicts with previous firmware.

What you have done (above) is to put your phone into Download Mode.

Now do the same again, but first of all you are going to have to back up your user data.
    I think the best way of doing this is to install the Helium app from the Play Store.

This will back up all your user data, but remember unpaid apps will have to be reinstalled before you can restore the data.

For Recovery Mode:
    Press and hold Volume up + Home Button + Power button (all 3 together until in blue writing of Recovery Mode)

Use volume button to choose Clear Cache and Power button to action.
    Now do same for Clear Data/Factory reset - this will close down your phone, and it will start as purchased, except you will have the latest firmware that you installed.

Thanks a ton greenman!!!

I have completed as you told...I am hoping that now it work... will surely get back with the results...

Dear Greenman,

I have come back to thank you for the explanation you gave. it was easily understood and my phone is working fine. but there a small glitch, the battery is draining too fast.. any idea why?.. i am sure you would be having a resolution for this.

Quote Originally Posted by moin685 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Dear Greenman,

I have come back to thank you for the explanation you gave. it was easily understood and my phone is working fine. but there a small glitch, the battery is draining too fast.. any idea why?.. i am sure you would be having a resolution for this.
    I'll try

First of all, whenever you install new firmwqare it can take 3 discharge/recharge cycles before the charging chip settles down.

If after 3 days your phone is still heavy on battery then Samsung suggest this:

hi.
    i got software update for Samsung galaxy grand duos of 97mb. after installing it, mobile started to lag a lot. tried to factory reset by both methods but they are not working. 1) setting-factory reset-delete all, when i press delete all nothing happens. 2) after switching off the mobile, i pressed home + volume up + power on button. it shows android picture but nothing else. please need help urgently

Quote Originally Posted by rajsodhi [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    hi.
    i got software update for Samsung galaxy grand duos of 97mb. after installing it, mobile started to lag a lot. tried to factory reset by both methods but they are not working. 1) setting-factory reset-delete all, when i press delete all nothing happens. 2) after switching off the mobile, i pressed home + volume up + power on button. it shows android picture but nothing else. please need help urgently
    If you see the Android figure you have pressed volume down and gone into download mode.
    Try again and press volume up + home button + power button (all 3 together)

Thanks a lot, i left it on its own. After few minutes it starting rebooting itself. Every thing has got same as before + mobile is working fine till now. Thanks