Thread: No Mobile Data on SGS3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No Mobile Data on SGS3

Hi everyone. I am from Philippines and had this problem on my SGS3 I9300. i don't have mobile data even mobile data option is enabled / on. I thought my account was deactivated by my network but upon checking it is active. i hope you can help me to restore my mobile data. Below are the screenshots. Appreciate your help guys. Thanks.

Mobile Data is ON
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

No indicator in panel like E / H / H+
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

If you have recently installed firmware, then you have probably deleted your phone Access Point Names (APN), but you also don't have a phone signal, so you may have damaged your phone IMEI.
    Check your IMEI by dialling *#06#
    The number you get has to be the same as under your battery.

If the IMEI is ok:
    Go to Settings > Mobile networks > Access Point Names

Your network provider should be listed and a green dot next to it.

If not there, you either have to text your network to send the settings, or install them yourself.

But you will need to go to your network website to obtain your APN first.
    Last edited by greenman; 01-02-2014 at 12:00.

Thanks @greenman. I have phone signal and also have IMEI. I can make call and text. Already called helpdesk 3 days ago for the APN and already set but out of luck problem still persist. I still don't have the signal for mobile data.
    Last edited by MightyKid; 01-02-2014 at 16:47.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyKid [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks @greenman. I have phone signal and also have IMEI. I can make call and text. Already called helpdesk 3 days ago for the APN and already set but out of luck problem still persist. I still don't have the signal for mobile data.
    If you installed the APN settings yourself then re check as a . / : or any spaces or spelling mistakes will stop your data connection.

If the network sent you the settings make sure that they have been selected - with a green dot.

Finally, turn off your phone.
    Remove battery for 10 minutes.
    Replace, and reboot.
    This will refresh/renew your phone network link.

Hi Greenman, have tried everything but to no avail I can't use my S3 for data. I have tried to downgrade / upgrade firmware but still no 3g / edge / hsdpa icon in s3 It is working great connecting wifi.

Is this a software problem? Or a hardware problem?