Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA update Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 Netherlands N9005XXUENA6

so how I can unlock it and install KitKat 4.4.2? I lost my patience already!

Quote Originally Posted by mnemtsev [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    so how I can unlock it and install KitKat 4.4.2? I lost my patience already!
    As I have pointed out, the update does not come from Samsung but from your network operator. So get on to the members Website to make your unhappiness known.

As for unlocking, first of all is your Note locked?
    Have you tried another network SIM card?

If locked try your operator to see if they will give a free unlock, or how much they will charge. This is the best unlock.

If charged, try an online unlocker or your local mobile shop.

I'll look for a DIY unlock, but your phone will have to be rooted first.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    As I have pointed out, the update does not come from Samsung but from your network operator. So get on to the members Website to make your unhappiness known.

As for unlocking, first of all is your Note locked?
    Have you tried another network SIM card?

If locked try your operator to see if they will give a free unlock, or how much they will charge. This is the best unlock.

If charged, try an online unlocker or your local mobile shop.

I'll look for a DIY unlock, but your phone will have to be rooted first.
    OK, sorry! I didn't want to upset anyone. I haven't rooted my Note 3 as I was waiting KitKat as it make more sense to get upgrade and then root the device. But it is catch 22, I need to root old 4.3 then upgrade to 4.4.2 and then root again. I don't mind to do it as I had lots of exp with jailbreaking iPhones. My phone is on a contract so it is 100% locked. I do everything myself why should I pay to some monkey the money for something I can do myself?
    The only question I have is will I be able to preserve my phone's data if I root 4.3 then unlock, then upgrade to 4.4.2 and then unlock and root again?

If on the 3 network an unlock is apparently free.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    If on the 3 network an unlock is apparently free.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    cool! will do it now!

Hello, I have unlocked my phone. So there is no upgrade to KitKat 4.4.2 yet in the UK. So could you please advise how I can get it installed? Is there official ROM (software) from Samsung any where?

Hi Greenman
    what's the procedure to put on my unloked Note 3 latest KitKat 4.4.2?

Quote Originally Posted by mnemtsev [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi Greenman
    what's the procedure to put on my unloked Note 3 latest KitKat 4.4.2?
    As you are probably aware, the 4.4.2 is being rolled out slowly.
    At times like this I would be looking at another European country, and the one to choose at the moment is Poland.

Just be aware that Kies will not update after installing this firmware and future updates willhave to be carried out manually.
    Model: SM-N9005
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: 340325
    Build date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 14:20:24 +0000
    Product Code: XEO
    PDA: N9005XXUENA6
    CSC: N9005OXXENA5
    MODEM: N9005XXUENA2
    DOWNLOAD: [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

why Poland? Germany, Netherland and many others! What is the difference between country specific ROMs?

why Poland? Germany, Netherland and many others! What is the difference between country specific ROMs?
    Very simple, Poland is the only Open (non network) European firmware with 4.4.2 at the moment.

Edit: and Netherlands.

What you are looking for is a firmware with the European regional PDA code XXU
    Last edited by greenman; 12-02-2014 at 16:34.