Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which official 4.4.2 KitKat region (MPN)?

Which official 4.4.2 KitKat region (MPN)?

I need LTE bands 1, 3, 8 and 20.

Official polish KitKat 4.4.2 MPN release does not work on these frequencies.

Can anyone tell me which official KitKat 4.4.2 region release (MPN) works on those frequencies?

I really need help.

I'm going crazy searching forum and websites without finding a solution.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ascanio1 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Can anyone tell me which official KitKat 4.4.2 region release (MPN) works on those frequencies?

I really need help.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Ciao Ascanio.
    I am using the stock android version 4.3 (h3g operator) and I also would like to update my note 3 to Kitkat 4.4.2 but I am afraid that I will loose my LTE connectivity as you have experienced.
    I am thinking about installing the Netherland version (PDA:N9005XXUENA6 CSC:N9005PHNENA2) or the recently Poland release (PDA:N9005XXUENB3 CSC:N9005OXXENB1).

Have you solved your problem? What can you suggest me?

Thank you in advance!

Davide

Quote Originally Posted by ascanio1 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I really need help.

The N9005 supports the following 4G LTE frequencies:
    4G Network LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600

These equate to Bands 20/5/8/3/1/7

So all your required bands are covered, no matter which firmware you choose.

It will then be down to the mobile operator you choose as to whether you get 4G/LTE as they will send the required settings for your Access Point Names to access the service.

If your problem is that the 4G/LTE option is not showing in your Mobile Networks > Network mode, then you need firmware from
    N9005****MK2 onwards as this will bring LTE/WCDMA/GSM in network mode options.

But of course, unless your network operator has activated LTE on its mobile network and you have the correct APN you will not get LTE/4G

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    The N9005 supports the following 4G LTE frequencies:
    4G Network LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600

These equate to Bands 20/5/8/3/1/7

So all your required bands are covered, no matter which firmware you choose.

It will then be down to the mobile operator you choose as to whether you get 4G/LTE as they will send the required settings for your Access Point Names to access the service.

If your problem is that the 4G/LTE option is not showing in your Mobile Networks > Network mode, then you need firmware from
    N9005****MK2 onwards as this will bring LTE/WCDMA/GSM in network mode options.

But of course, unless your network operator has activated LTE on its mobile network and you have the correct APN you will not get LTE/4G
    Thanks for the explanation. Since posting I solved my Vodafone Italy LTE/4G problem. It was a SIM card problem.

I signed an LTE/4G contact, paying the extra 10€\month... but the moron in the shop had registered a 3G SIM card on my LTE/4G contact and, therefore, Vodafone Technical support staff saw that I had an active 4G/LTE contact + a LTE/4G SIM card but, in reality, that was not so.

My device had the LTE/WCDMA/GSM option on. The APN was correct. Vodafone tech support pointed to my firmware or MPN: they told me that it was my modem/radio which had problems.

I'll be in Japan on the 20th, and I'll check if I can get LTE with Softbank (Japan). If not... I'll be asking for your help again...

Again. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N9005 with Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by david777scr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Have you solved your problem? What can you suggest me?
    Yes... my advice is that if you're in Italy, don't underestimate the stupidity off shop clerks.

KitKat polish firmware works perfectly with Vodafone Italy.

I'll be in Japan on the 20th, and I'll check if I can get LTE with Softbank (Japan). If not... I'll be asking for your help again...
    Softbank use the 2100 or Band 1 frequency so your n9005 should work fine - with the correct APN settings of course.

Greenman, Ascanio,

Many many thanks for your kind, useful and appreciated infos!

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Softbank use the 2100 or Band 1 frequency so your n9005 should work fine - with the correct APN settings of course.
    Again, thanks!

Unfornately this may no longer be true... I called Softbank and I was told that they use now band 3 and leave band 1 as a back up... in any case, it should still work. Again, thanks for the info. I hope I'll manage to make it work.

Again, thanks!

Unfornately this may no longer be true... I called Softbank and I was told that they use now band 3 and leave band 1 as a back up... in any case, it should still work. Again, thanks for the info. I hope I'll manage to make it work.

G

Thank you for the update.
    As you say, your n9005 should still support the LTE band 3.
    I have suggested to a previous visitor to Japan, that if the visits are regular, then purchasing a Softbank mifi may be a better option and then connect wirelessly. It will also allow you to use multiple devices on one connection.

Thank you for the update.
    As you say, your n9005 should still support the LTE band 3.
    I have suggested to a previous visitor to Japan, that if the visits are regular, then purchasing a Softbank mifi may be a better option and then connect wirelessly. It will also allow you to use multiple devices on one connection.
    Thanks greenman, but since I have an unlocked, SIM free, device I should be able to tether as I used to tether with my previous Samsung Note 2.

What you can really help me with, is your knowledge of radio/modem.

I'm really interested to understand if all Samsung SM-N9005 MPN/firmware released, always has those bands/frequencies enabled.

I heard very different stories. I read, even here on Samobile, that the Qualcomm snapdragon 800 can only enable 6 bands at any one time, regardless of the hardware available bands/frequencies. You indicate those specific 6 bands are always enabled but... am I wrong to say that that chip has more bands available? Are you sure that those specific 6 bands are always enabled?

In the past I had a Samsung Note 2 LTE/4G GT-N7105, which I never managed to make it work on the Softbank network even though I'm 100% sure that I tried and tested, correctly, all 4 Softbank APNs. FYI I'm using the black iPhone SIMcard, with an adapter, and I'm able to send and receive MMS and access internet without problems, but not LTE/4G.

I was told, more than once, that I had the correct bands available on my hardware but not the correct radio/modem, as my APN was correct... Do you agree with this advice which I was given?

Last edited by ascanio1; 15-02-2014 at 18:18.