Thread: Has anyone encountered a FIRMWARE UPGRADE issue with Hong Kong Note 3 LTE?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Has anyone encountered a FIRMWARE UPGRADE issue with Hong Kong Note 3 LTE?

Heya,

I'm new to this forum so if I step on any rules, plz understand it's unintentional. My problem is this:

I picked up a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE (32GB) of eBay - the feedback was great and the phone arrived as intended. However, now in South Africa - the firmware either OTA or KIES3 seems to go up to about 30% and then indicates ERROR and doesn't allow me to upgrade the firmware to KIT KAT e.g. 4.4

I don't want to root the phone nor get more technical than required with this phone as I use it for personal and business calls and it's associated use therein. Can ANYONE shed some light on how to upgrade this phone SAFELY to it's intended upgradeable FIRMWARE. I've listed what KIES3 has provided and any other relevant info as applicable :-

Current firmware version : PDA:MI7 / PHONE:MI5 / CSC:MI7 (TGY)
    Latest firmware version : PDA:MK1 / PHONE:MJ9 / CSC:MK1 (TGY) [it doesn't complete the upgrade!]

Model - SM-N9005
    S/N: RF1DB0VBVRX
    FCC ID: A3LSMN9005
    SSN: N9005GSMH
    Baseband version: N9005XXUBMI5
    Kernel Version: 3.4.0-1626679; [email protected]#1; Wed Sep 11 19:48:23 KST 2013
    Build number: JSS15J.N9005XHUBMI7

Thanks for your help!

Try this :
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Hi Guys,

I'm in the same situation of southbusiness !!, when i try to update my phone via OTA it shows an error during the process of apply the new software.. exactly at 32%.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by trkhassan12 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi Guys,

I'm in the same situation of southbusiness !!, when i try to update my phone via OTA it shows an error during the process of apply the new software.. exactly at 32%.

Can anyone help?
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    Have you tried the method using Kies in post #2?

this firmware its not compatible whit the other regions or countrys ?? i try flash kitkat but failed inclusive whit pit file.... i'm sad....any other solution??? wait the official kitkat firmware for hong kong region?? please help!!

Install this app specially written for the Note 3.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Post your :
    PRODUCT CODE
    PDA
    CSC

tanks greenman for this great tool.

I tried the Poland firmware 4.4.2 KitKat XXUENB3 official firmware using ODIN 3.07 and 3.09 but the update failed. The message in phone says "invalid ext4 image". My phone is TGY(hong kong) firmware (4.3). If anyone knows a workaround, please help !!

Thanks.