Thread: Original Upgrade by OTA and cannot register on network error

Original Upgrade by OTA and cannot register on network error

Dear All,

Recently I tried upgrading to 4.3JB and eventually the phone stopped connecting to the network.
    Firstly Warranty is over. secondly why the hell an official way of upgrading screwed the device.

Anyhow, I'm looking for an advice/solution. All that I tried after that is below:
    Flashed CWM, stopped KNOX, Rooted, tried playing with the EFS by root explorer and adb commands, re-flashed stock rom couple of times, etc etc, etc with ZERO luck.

I'm an iOS person but still tried to learn and tried multiple things with no luck. Backup is not there other than KIES as this was unexpected from Samsung.

Also, I'm stuck with factory mode as to fix this there is nothing in EFS folder to echo.

Phone: Samsung GT N7100
    Region: UAE

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Br,
    KN

Quote Originally Posted by khurramnaim [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Dear All,

Recently I tried upgrading to 4.3JB and eventually the phone stopped connecting to the network.
    Firstly Warranty is over. secondly why the hell an official way of upgrading screwed the device.
    At this point, and providing you upgraded using Kies or OTA, with warranty or not, you were entitled to a recovery from Samsung service.

But let's move on if possible.

A similar problem (but with a leaked version of 4.3) is reported as SOLVED here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]