Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mobile data tile in notification panel

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Flashing firmware from another country is possible with an unlocked phone, but will break the link between your phone Product Code CSC and your Firmware CSC.
    As a result you will not be able to get Kies or OTA updates.
    In your situation this is probably not a good move.
    so my best move would be to download from sammobile the same firmware and flash it again, perhaps I'd get all the tiles. would it be advisable?

Quote Originally Posted by karawi [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    so my best move would be to download from sammobile the same firmware and flash it again, perhaps I'd get all the tiles. would it be advisable?
    My best advice is to reinstall your firmware (if stock) using the Kies method in post#8

Alternatively, if you have changed the firmware, then yes download a fresh copy and reisntall.
    But of course the firmware may be the problem and an update may be the answer.

Hopefully another I377M user may be able to shed some light on this apparent issue.

@greenman : Well I did follow your advice and tried to reinstall firmware using kies method in post #8. Kies fully downloaded the firmware and booted the device into download mode, but after sometime Kies returned a message saying that PC does not recognize my device. Any idea why pc would recognize my device before and untill the firmware is fully downloaded, and recognizes my device after the process is abandoned, but does not recognize my device for flashing purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by karawi [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    @greenman : Well I did follow your advice and tried to reinstall firmware using kies method in post #8. Kies fully downloaded the firmware and booted the device into download mode, but after sometime Kies returned a message saying that PC does not recognize my device. Any idea why pc would recognize my device before and untill the firmware is fully downloaded, and recognizes my device after the process is abandoned, but does not recognize my device for flashing purposes?
    Is Kies not recognsiing, or is it saying your firmware is up to date?

If not recognising, make sure Kies has been updated.

If still a problem, install CheckFUS and post your:
    PRODUCT CODE
    PDA
    CSC

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

it is saying that firmware is up todate.

it is saying that firmware is up todate.
    Then your firmware is up to date.
    Kies is not wrong.