Thread: Samsung galaxy s3 update zip file

Question Samsung galaxy s3 update zip file

Hi everyone. A couple of hours ago I downloaded the official firmware of spain to update my SGS3 i9300 to Jelly bean 4.3 but there's only one file. I have understood that there are various files that are needed to update via odin but as I said, there is only one file. I attach a screenshot of the program I use to unpack the file that contains the update and as you can see, there is only one file. Hope someone colud help me. Thanks. [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

It's absolutely usual.

Meaning of 1-file firmware : this is commonly an update at 99,99 %. It is provided to fix some bug (even those you wont be able to notice but others will). In most case, you are not forced to flash it as it wont bring new features.

Meaning of multiple files : this is a firmware that is aimed to bring a fresh air to your device. But you will need to repartition (automatically done with Odin) meaning that it will wipe every data stored on your device.

when flashing to stock frameware or upgrading you only need the PDA file that is the one in the zip file.