Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updating my galaxy s3 to 4.3 manualy

Updating my galaxy s3 to 4.3 manualy

Hello every one,
    i have a galaxy s3 with the stock 4.1.2 (ILO) now i have just received word that the new update has been released but it seems that there is a problem with the OTA update and the kies update but the new Rom is available on sammobile so i went ahead and downloaded it to my computer and i want to transfer the files to my external storage and go the stock boot-loader(volume up + power + main) and select the option for "install update from external storage".
    My question is this ,will this update my device to the new firmware of 4.3 or wil it do something else like bricking my phone?

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by perimiter [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello every one,
    i have a galaxy s3 with the stock 4.1.2 (ILO) now i have just received word that the new update has been released but it seems that there is a problem with the OTA update and the kies update but the new Rom is available on sammobile so i went ahead and downloaded it to my computer and i want to transfer the files to my external storage and go the stock boot-loader(volume up + power + main) and select the option for "install update from external storage".
    My question is this ,will this update my device to the new firmware of 4.3 or wil it do something else like bricking my phone?

thank you.
    Download the Sammobile firmware to your PC.
    Now look here for how to install with Odin:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

But, I would advise that you wait for the Kies/OTA update.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Download the Sammobile firmware to your PC.
    Now look here for how to install with Odin:

But, I would advise that you wait for the Kies/OTA update.

i know how to use odin but what i am asking is what will happen if i try the method i wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by perimiter [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    i know how to use odin but what i am asking is what will happen if i try the method i wrote.
    The best scenario is that Odin will not install the firmware as it will not recognise the file.

If your phone is rooted, you can use the method you mention if you install Mobile Odin.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    The best scenario is that Odin will not install the firmware as it will not recognise the file.

If your phone is rooted, you can use the method you mention if you install Mobile Odin.
    my phone is not rooted here is a photo of what i mean:

it says "apply update from external storage",what will happen if i use it.

As it is not an update file in the correct format - again nothing will happen.
    But why risk it?

As it is not an update file in the correct format - again nothing will happen.
    But why risk it?
    i don't think its worth risking it that's why i am asking about it here maybe some one is a sort of professional or has tried it at the very least can tell me more about that option.

i don't think its worth risking it that's why i am asking about it here maybe some one is a sort of professional or has tried it at the very least can tell me more about that option.
    I see.
    Unfortunately that is not what you asked.

It is possible to install firmware using the Recovery 'apply update from external storage', but not the sammobile firmware.
    If you would like to know more, then take a look at using CWM Recovery:

Do not uppdate! I did it for 2 days ago and my phone can not connect to the mobile network anymore. Not even after*factory reseting it find it.

i updated using odin works fine but i cant transfer large games to sdcard like modern combat 4 it says transferred but the obb stays in place is that with every one or just me?