Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help needed to get my phone back to an official rom

When you done that in post #5 it gave you the original vendor can you remember what it returned ?

you beat me to it

German Vodafone

Re do the Kies as in post #5 when you got the info screenshot it and post back please.
    Last edited by samsungfozzy; 30-12-2013 at 16:58.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    VD2 is the CSC code for Vodafone Germany.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    have you gone into Recovery Mode and cleared cache then cleared data to see if you get another Product CSC Code?

Ahh okay. When it rebooted the UI was all in german. That happens when I reset my phone. As usual, I selected UK as my country and the UI changed to english.

I'm mindful of your earlier comment
    'but then again samsung phones do have a tendency to do what you least expect'

At least I'm in Europe now

Would you mind re-doing post #5 for the original vendor and screenshot it and post it back.
    Could you also install Check FUS and post that info back too (4 Lines), it would be handy to see what is going on
    Thanks

IRadiate, trust me, it's no point struggling about to change Your CSC, I've never met a buyer of a phone wondering if a CSC is proper or not. The phone must be working and not spoiled, this is the only thing that really matters. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by samsungfozzy [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    When you done that in post #5 it gave you the original vendor can you remember what it returned ?

you beat me to it

German Vodafone

Re do the Kies as in post #5 when you got the info screenshot it and post back please.
    It definitely returned VOD at the end.
    Just looked on the site for the Vodafone UK firmware download and now I can't see it. I see a whole load of other countries including germany but not UK.
    I'll take a look one more time in the morning.
    Thanks for your persistence.

and yes I've also cleared the cache. Did that first before attempting a factory reset. Come to think of it, that may have been when it changed from KOR to VD2

Quote Originally Posted by pigieffo [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    IRadiate, trust me, it's no point struggling about to change Your CSC, I've never met a buyer of a phone wondering if a CSC is proper or not. The phone must be working and not spoiled, this is the only thing that really matters. Cheers.
    tend to agree but as I said earlier, I intend to sell the phone when the S5 gets released and didn't want the poor person I sell it to not being able to upgrade to any future firmware releases that may come using KIES which is far more user friendly than odin for the non-techs among us.

Open (Non network) UK is BTU.

Look at the sticky - alternate download sites for 4.3 firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by iRadiate [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    It definitely returned VOD at the end.
    Just looked on the site for the Vodafone UK firmware download and now I can't see it. I see a whole load of other countries including germany but not UK.
    I'll take a look one more time in the morning.
    Thanks for your persistence.

and yes I've also cleared the cache. Did that first before attempting a factory reset. Come to think of it, that may have been when it changed from KOR to VD2
    Definitely all here take a look
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]