Thread: Solved: Restoring your efs : mobielcrackers

Premium Member

Solved: Restoring your efs : mobilecrackers

RESTORING YOUR EFS ***

Quote:
    FOLLOW THIS GUIDE ONLY IF YOU ARE ON A STOCK ROM AND THE ABOUT PHONE DOESNT SHOW THE BASEBAND AS WELL AS THE IMEI NUMBER.

IF YOU ARE ON ANY CUSTOM ROM, FIRST FLASH THE STOCK ROM AND CHECK TO SEE IF YOU HAVE YOUR IMEI BACK.

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE TOPIC BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO DO ANYTHING. IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY CONCERNS OR NEED TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS, FEEL FREE TO MAKE A POST IN THIS TOPIC AND I WILL DEFINITELY REPLY. PLEASE DON'T HURRY AND SCREW UP THINGS EVEN BAD. MESSING AROUND WITH SUCH THINGS COULD PROVE COSTLY SINCE THE ONLY ALTERNATIVE REPAIR IS BY GETTING THE MOTHERBOARD CHANGED BY SAMSUNG.

FOR THIS GUIDE, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE AN EFS BACKUP WITH YOU. YOU CANNOT RECOVER YOUR EFS WITHOUT IT (Atleast for now). NEVER SHARE YOUR EFS BACKUPS WITH OTHER MEBERS, SINCE THE NETWORK CARRIER MAY BLACKLIST YOUR IMEI IF THERE ARE MORE THAN ONE DEVICE BEING USED WITH THE SAME IMEI ON THE SAME CARRIER.

What is Required
    * Any Stock Rooted ROM with CWM Recovery [DDFL2 Recommended]
    * Odin or Hemidall
    * Odin EFS Template for Galaxy SL I9003 [I9003_EFS_ODIN_BLANK_TEMPLATE.tar]
    * CWM EFS Restore Script [I9003_EFS_CWM_RESTORE.zip]
    * Backup of EFS
    * External SD Card
    * Some Brains.

Check the Extent of Damage / Create Backups
    * If you are having issues with IMEI, first flash back to the Stock ROM
    * Once on a Stock ROM, Check the contents of /efs with a File Manager and see if there are any files.
    * If there are no files, you could directly perform the restore using the next step.
    * If there are some files and you are having a fake IMEI, it would be better to backup the current EFS just in case.
    ** From the ADB Shell, type
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/dev/block/stl3 of=/sdcard/efs.rfs

This will create a efs.rfs raw backup for your device, which could be used later on whenever you need it. You could flash the efs.rfs file from Odin. Keep it somewhere safely.

Recovery Procedure if you have Archive Backup or the Individual Files.

* Flash the Stock ROM and make sure that you are able to boot into the recovery and everything works fine. [ I am not going to cover flashing instructions since they are everywhere in the forum]
    * Create a folder in your External SD Card named "efsbackup" and copy all the files and folders from the EFS backup that you have directly inside the folder. If you are having a tar.gz archive, extract all of the files into the folder directly.
    * Power down the device and press Volume Up + Home + Power Combination to get into the Recovery Mode.
    * Select Install ZIP from SDCard and then select the I9003_EFS_CWM_RESTORE.zip from the SDCard. Wait for few seconds to complete the restore.
    * Once done, boot the phone and check to see if you are getting your Baseband, Network Signal and IMEI.
    * If you still are not able to get your IMEI, make sure that you are using the proper backup. Try another backup if you have it.

Recovery Procedure if you have RAW Partition Image

* Copy the Partition Image to SD Card and name it efsbackup.rfs
    * Connect the phone to ADB or use Terminal Emulator for the following commands
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/efsbackup.rfs of=/dev/block/stl3
    This will restore the partition to your backup and you should be having a working IMEI now.

Formatting your EFS Partition
    DO THIS ONLY IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH MOUNTING /efs WHILE FLASHING NEW ROM OR IF YOU HAVE USED EFS CLEAR IN ODIN OR IF YOU EFS GET CLEARED EVERY BOOT.

* Download the I9003_EFS_ODIN_BLANK_TEMPLATE.tar file from the attachment.
    * Power off the phone and boot into the Download mode by using the Volume Down + Home + Power Combination.
    * Connect your phone to the PC, Start up Odin and select the I9003_EFS_ODIN_BLANK_TEMPLATE.tar in PDA and press Start.
    * Once done, your EFS will be blank and you could use the 1st Method to restore your EFS backup.
    I9003_EFS_CWM_RESTORE.zip
    I9003_EFS_ODIN_BLANK_TEMPLATE.tar
    Last edited by mobilecracker; 28-12-2013 at 13:39.