Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4.3 flash with Australian firmware, any issues?

@all, where are u guys downloading the 4.3 xsa australian firmware, i have been trying to download it from sammobile but seems the server is soo slow that the download always fails, is there another server or website i can download this xsa 4.3 australian version of galaxy s4?

Quote Originally Posted by sub7er [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    @all, where are u guys downloading the 4.3 xsa australian firmware, i have been trying to download it from sammobile but seems the server is soo slow that the download always fails, is there another server or website i can download this xsa 4.3 australian version of galaxy s4?

The only other site I know with firmware offers is "samsung updates" with a dash in between. Thread won't allow me to post it.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by xfaust [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    The only other site I know with firmware offers is "samsung updates" with a dash in between. Thread won't allow me to post it.
    Cheers
    I found the site but it only shows the 4.1.2 firmware so how do you guys select the 4.3 and then how to install it?

Quote Originally Posted by sanmino [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I found the site but it only shows the 4.1.2 firmware so how do you guys select the 4.3 and then how to install it?
    At the site, you select GT-I9505 from the device drop down menu. XSA 4.3 is definitely listed there, unless your device is not I9505? This thread is for I9505 mobiles. As I understand, you only flash with CORRECT device model corresponding firmware.

This site here has a video, shows you how to flash [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I have not flashed mine yet, but will use this method.

Cheers
    Last edited by xfaust; 22-12-2013 at 22:35.

Quote Originally Posted by xfaust [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    At the site, you select GT-I9505 from the device drop down menu. XSA 4.3 is definitely listed there, unless your device is not I9505?
    Thanks for replay,
    my phone is a GT I9100 so obviously that firmware isn't compatible.
    This thread is for I9505 mobiles. As I understand, you only flash with CORRECT device model corresponding firmware.
    My bad, I was searching in Samsung S2 topics I don't know how I went into the GT-I9505 topics!
    Cheers.
    Last edited by sanmino; 23-12-2013 at 01:05.

I installed the 4.3 XSA software and all was well. I just really don't like the Samsung software to flashed Google Play edition instead. Much better i think much less crap on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by wld808 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I installed the 4.3 XSA software and all was well. I just really don't like the Samsung software to flashed Google Play edition instead. Much better i think much less crap on the phone.
    Sounds good.

I never had to flash mine in the end. It has Singapore firmware installed as 4.2.2. I then ran the update from within the phone itself, installed a small update, then the 4.3 was available and installed that. It always had LTE as an option too, something I was concerned about buying an imported phone, that it could be missing, it was not in this case.

This phone has no carrier branding anyway so I'm going to keep it as is, no flashing.

One thing I had to do was call Vodafone to enable 4G (even though their site says its auto ready to go), once done I was on 4G (in limited coverage areas) so no issues, all working well.

Thanks everyone for the posts.

I have heard there are lots of things missing from 4.3 like in Walking Mate half of it is missing.
    And other things here and there are missing.
    And you cant downgrade from 4.3 so if you dont like it bad luck you are stuck there forever.

I left Apple and IOS for that 1 reason, I liked the ability to downgrade if I didn't like the new features but I cant do that with this new firmware so that really sucks. I should've stayed with Apple if I wanted a non downgradeable phone.

Knox also comes with 3 efuses. If you blow them all you now own a brick. Rooting blows 1 efuse, trying to downgrade blows an efuse. messing around with the firmware blows an efuse. NO THANKS. Looks like I'll be selling this phone soon and getting an LG or HTC, something without knox.

I went through kies to update to 4.3 on my telstra S4, got stuck on 0% while upgrading now its bricked stuck on saying run kies emergency recovery mode which doesn't work either fml, should have stayed on JB

Try Kies > Tools > Firmware upgrade and initialisation to install your firmware.