Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [GT-I9100] Samsung S2 stuck in boot loop, cannot access Recovery Mode.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[GT-I9100] Samsung S2 stuck in boot loop, cannot access Recovery Mode.

Hey Guys, ive scoured google for 2 days now trying to find a way to fix my phone.

two days ago i was doing some work and i left my phone on the table, and later i found out that the battery was low and it had shut off. But when i looked at it, it was just flashing the "samsung galaxy s2 gt-i9100" text logo. (and not the animation circle logo.)

I tried turning it off, didnt work so i thought it had frozen which happens, so i took out the battery and put it back in again.

Then i tried to plug it into my recharger, and it was showing a grey battery icon and was frozen on that screen always, the screen doesnt turn off, the battery icon isn't showing that its charging. doesnt change, just shows the same empty battery grey icon with the refresh circle-arrow in the middle.

I tried taking the battery out leaving it out for 5 minutes, draining the battery from the phone by holding the power button for 10 seconds, then trying to charge the phone. Same issue, only showing the grey battery icon when trying to charge and it never changes or goes away.

SO i tried to boot up the phone, but it wont go past the samsung text logo.

I tried entering recovery, but it just freezes on the samsung text logo.

I can enter Odin download mode, and ive tried installing several different both stock, original and CMW roms, and nothing changes. (except if i use gingerbread, then the grey battery icon just keeps flashing off and on in 5 second intervals when plugged into the charger.)

Ive tried taking the battery out for 8 hours and try booting it, no change.
    Ive tried changing the battery, no change (think it has low bat as well maybe).
    Ive tried leaving it plugged in overnight, but that only drained whatever power i had left over in one of the batteries.
    Ive tried some of the siyah and doriman kernels, and they add a loading bar which gets full on the samsung text screen,
    but then freezes after that.

Im losing my mind here, ive tried almost everything i can think of. And would really appreciate any help on this.

Have you tried to use the usb cable plugged into your computer to try to charge it up?
    Just to see what will happen.

1st off all download a rom from galaxys2root.com then copy it in your external sd card. then go to recovery mood by presing power buton volume up button togather then select wipe data. then go to install from external sd card. then select the rom which you copy in your sd card. then install it. your problem solved.
    in this way i recover my brick phone.
    if you any problem then email me or knock on facebook.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    facebook- joy356
    name-Nil chowdhury

but not get recovery mod

Quote Originally Posted by Desidarko [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hey Guys, ive scoured google for 2 days now trying to find a way to fix my phone.

two days ago i was doing some work and i left my phone on the table, and later i found out that the battery was low and it had shut off. But when i looked at it, it was just flashing the "samsung galaxy s2 gt-i9100" text logo. (and not the animation circle logo.)

I tried turning it off, didnt work so i thought it had frozen which happens, so i took out the battery and put it back in again.

Then i tried to plug it into my recharger, and it was showing a grey battery icon and was frozen on that screen always, the screen doesnt turn off, the battery icon isn't showing that its charging. doesnt change, just shows the same empty battery grey icon with the refresh circle-arrow in the middle.

I tried taking the battery out leaving it out for 5 minutes, draining the battery from the phone by holding the power button for 10 seconds, then trying to charge the phone. Same issue, only showing the grey battery icon when trying to charge and it never changes or goes away.

I can enter Odin download mode, and ive tried installing several different both stock, original and CMW roms, and nothing changes. (except if i use gingerbread, then the grey battery icon just keeps flashing off and on in 5 second intervals when plugged into the charger.)

Ive tried leaving it plugged in overnight, but that only drained whatever power i had left over in one of the batteries.
    Ive tried some of the siyah and doriman kernels, and they add a loading bar which gets full on the samsung text screen,

Im losing my mind here, ive tried almost everything i can think of. And would really appreciate any help on this.
    same proplem with my gt-i7100 any help plz ?

me too ! ... How Did you enter the Odin download mode ?

Quote Originally Posted by Desidarko [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Bricked my Samsung Galaxy S2 !

I have the same Battery Logo Boot Loop

I have several batteries, and a separate charger ... batteries at 100%

The problem occurred while phone was in use, connected to wall charger, and had reached 100% .

I continued to use the phone while plugged into charger.

Phone shut down with a Battery Logo showing only a thin green line at bottom.

I turned phone off and swapped in a hot battery, but phone would not turn on.

Stays totally black screen, will not enter Download mode or Recovery mode.

With charger plugged in it will go into the Battery Logo Boot Loop.

The blue light next to the power button flashes, the Battery Logo appears for a few seconds then screen goes black and cycle repeats.

How were you able to enter Odin download mode ? At what point in the boot loop, and what keys were you pressing ?

I have tried everything to get into Download or even Recovery mode ... No Joy !

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance ...

If you cannot get into download more you need to obtain a USB jig from Ebay/Amazon.

A USB jig will force your phone into download mode.

Super Moderator

my phone goes in download mood
    when I was trying to flash my phone from 4.1.2 stock rom to omni 4.4.2 following the steps on
    after flashing the rom when phone restrted it just got stuck on the samsung & doesn't go forward I only can go into download mood not even recovery mood.

Quote Originally Posted by bondhash [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    my phone goes in download mood
    when I was trying to flash my phone from 4.1.2 stock rom to omni 4.4.2 following the steps on
    after flashing the rom when phone restrted it just got stuck on the samsung & doesn't go forward I only can go into download mood not even recovery mood.
    The recovery image has not been installed.
    You can either try flashing the firmware again.
    Or
    Install a custom recovery - such as ClockWorkMod recovery (CWM)
    CWM is either installed with Odin, or if your phone is rooted, with Rom Manager app from the Play Store.