Thread: Downgrade from 4.3 to 4.1.2

Thumbs up Downgrade from 4.3 to 4.1.2

I have been facing a lot of problems with my note 2 on v4.3. Very quick battery drain, high RAM usage, Wi-Fi gets disconnected every 2 minutes even though the Signal strength is maximum, and a few others which aren't worth mentioning.

Due to these reasons i would like to switch back to 4.1.2. How do i do that? I heard that there is an additional knox security installed that voids warranty if I do so. How does samsung release such a useless rom and then make it ir-reversible. We haven't purchased these expensive phones just to experiment and throw it away if it doesn't work.

Well maybe someone here can help. Thanks in advance.

I'm live VietNam,
    My Note 2 updated Rom 4.3 (Indian)
    Now, IMEI return 0049xxx
    I also want downgrade Rom 4.12
    But I can't
    Pls help me. If you can
    Thanks

Did you try flashing the official 4.3 through ODIN. I updated to 4.3 through the OTA and not facing any issues. The update feels pretty stable.

As far as I am aware, the only way to go back to a previous ROM is to flash it. Unfortunately, downgrading deletes user settings an Apps. You will end up with a bare bones system and have to set it all up again. It might be a good idea to see if you can root your current ROM and then backup all your apps and settings with Titanium. Then you will only need to restore these when back to your old ROM.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

gracias

After upgrade to 4.3, the bootloader too gets upgraded and knox gets installed. Any attempts to root or install a custom ROM, and the knox counter goes from 0 to 1, which means that the warranty gets void. And that's permanent. and there are no ways yet of going back to the previous bootloader and to disable knox completely. A complete bummer if you ask me. Been stuck on stock rom for quite some time now without being able to root or to install anything i want. And this touchwiz is killing me. So, if anyone is thinking of upgrading to 4.3, consider the options and then proceed. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend.

Tried flashing 4.1.2, and that did not work too.

For the most part, upgrading to 4.3 means the phone is stuck with it. None of the 4.1.2 or 4.1.1 firmwares I tried to flash with Odin work. One risky shot would be to flash CM 10.1, but I have not tried it. Not that it terribly matters to me, since my phone's warranty has beed due for months(and KNOX counter is 0x1 anyways).

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinaybalraj [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have been facing a lot of problems with my note 2 on v4.3. Very quick battery drain, high RAM usage, Wi-Fi gets disconnected every 2 minutes even though the Signal strength is maximum, and a few others which aren't worth mentioning.

Due to these reasons i would like to switch back to 4.1.2. How do i do that? I heard that there is an additional knox security installed that voids warranty if I do so. How does samsung release such a useless rom and then make it ir-reversible. We haven't purchased these expensive phones just to experiment and throw it away if it doesn't work.

your KNOX counter will goes to 0x1, there will be no warrenty

Quote Originally Posted by Vinaybalraj [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

i usually have this problem when upgrading to a new version of Android. i suggest the painful method of doing a factory reset. in all my cases so far, factory reset/ wipe did the trick, though the pain here is that we have to reinstall everything.