Thread: Changing Firmware from NPL to INU

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Changing Firmware from NPL to INU

Hi,

can anybody help me out here please. My official firmware was INU. but after updating the same from Samsung Service center, now when i connect my phone via Kies, it shows me NPL firmware.

How can i change it back to INU. I even tried upgrading via Odin, but still it remains the same.

please Help!!

Thanks in advance for your time...

INU and INS are for India. NPL is for Nepal. If you updated the firmware from Samsung service center then you have been cheated as most of the time service center people always do these silly mistakes. Download INU(if you had INU before) firmware from sammobile and install it through ODIN or go back to the service center and shout.

Hahaha.. Thanks kashyap.. Pakka gonna do that

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Even after downloading and installing the INU firmware from sammobile I am still not able to change it to INU. Please help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rahuliyer [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Even after downloading and installing the INU firmware from sammobile I am still not able to change it to INU. Please help!!!
    It can be tricky to change the Product Code, but try this first.

Install your firmware.
    Restart phone.
    Turn off.
    Go into Recovery Mode and Clear Data.
    Upon restart, Android will look for the Product Code to set. The firmware has Multi csc's, so it may select the wrong one, so fingers crossed.

If that doesn't work, you are looking at rooting the phone and using a CSC changer app from the Play Store.

At this point, my advice is to leave it as it is as the phone performance is not affected (other than Kies probably not updating)

I had also same problem before and Service centre can't resolve problem. But here solution without any root or third party software. If still not work than update to Official firmware 4.3.

1. Backup your phone(If required.) Because after this phone will factory reset.
    2. Open dial/key pad and type *#06# (ignore if you know your IMEI)
    3. Open dial pad and type *#272*IMEI NUMBER#
    4. Select INU or other CSC you need.
    5. Click on Install
    6. Phone will restart and reset with factory settings.

Enjoy.

If you found this solution help you say thanks.