Thread: [Help] Emergency call only with 4.1.2

[Help] Emergency call only with 4.1.2

Hello
    I put Android 4.3 Ireland Vodafone to my Galaxy S3 from Orange Romania and everything was ok till i found something. Somtimes my phone don't want to unlock, if i pres power button or home button the screen is black, i must remove battery.
    I decided to go back to 4.1.2 but no network
    My phone is blocked in Orange and i have Orange sim card, if i update again to 4.3 the pone is working.
    I tryed latest 3 versions of 4.1.2 firmware Orange Romania and all versions have same problem, emergency call only.
    So, with 4.1.2 Orange Romania i dont have network but with 4.3 Ireland Vodafone i have network.
    Where can be the problem?

Hi... I also had "Emergency Calls Only" issue in 4.1.2.. I solved it by the following method:-
    1) Root your i9300 1st..
    2) after rooting, install busybox from playstore.
    3) then Install Ariza patch and apply the patch..

Restart the phone and welcome back to your netwok..

the problem is actually in the baseband. Ariza patch modifies the baseband and solve the issue...

Quote Originally Posted by umairulhaq View Post
    Hi... I also had "Emergency Calls Only" issue in 4.1.2.. I solved it by the following method:-
    1) Root your i9300 1st..
    2) after rooting, install busybox from playstore.
    3) then Install Ariza patch and apply the patch..

Restart the phone and welcome back to your netwok..
    If i root my phone i will lose warranty.
    Anyway, after Ariza patch, can i reset binary counter to 0 and my device status to be "Normal" ?

Not working so... i think i have to stay at 4.3

Can i do something if i extract modem.bin from 4.1.2 tar.md5 and put it in Odin to Phone option and 4.1.2 firmware to PDA option?
    Can this downgrade modem version?
    Last edited by m0fo; 07-11-2013 at 17:38.

I dont think baseband can b downgraded...

1) I u r worried about loosing the warranty, then there is unroot option in SuperSu... Unroot it after you r done with ariza patch..

2) Yes you can reset the binary counter to "0" by using '' Triangle Away''... Also you can get ur device status back to "NORMAL" by using Same Triangle Away app... I personally tried it.. My device is status is now Normal and binary counter is '0' ....

Hope i helped..

Pls where do I get the ariza patch? And which on do I open to choose the ariza patch? The busybox or in the ariza patch itself? Sorry I'm new here if I made an error