Thread: Help with CSC change

Help with CSC change

I flashed my phone with a JED firmware using the latest firmware available, i then wiped the cache and hard factory reset it as well, but kies still shows the CSC as PAK, my previous CSC selection. I changed it to PAK when I initially got my phone, the original CSC was THR. As per my understanding flashing and resetting my phone should have chaged the CSC to JED already, why isn't it happening then? That means now my only option is to root the device?

i had the same problem ( flashed from VIA (o2 germany) to DBT (unbranded germany)).i solved that way: i did so: remove your simcard, flashing with the rom do you like and then at first do the hard factory reset and then whipe the cache (all over the 3-bottom-way). and reinstall kies. i hope it will works on your device. sorry for my bad english. best wishes from germany
    Last edited by hackprojekt; 26-10-2013 at 17:44. Reason: edit

Thanks for trying to help hackprojekt, but unfortunately that didn't work out for me. By chance I had a file of a very old firmware (4.0.4). I downgraded the firmware and used *#272*IMEI# to change the CSC, and then upgraded again. Had to do this because the firmware was multi-CSC, could have done this by rooting as well. Anywasys now its done, problem solved...