Thread: No idea at all...

No idea at all...

Hello, i am very new to all this, i would like a few tips if possible? I wish to change the stock rom on my S3.. Model is Gt-19305 with T-mobile software from Germany.. I want to get rid of the pre.installed apps and the T.mobile logos.. How do i find out which rom to use from the list, all those numbers about PDA and CSC confuse me,as i cannot find them on my fone. Thanks very much in advance...

If you want to get rid of those boring apps pre-installed, I assume that you want an "open firmware". Understand that this is a region firmware, compared to provider's firmware (T-Mobile, Orange, AT&T, ...). So first, you will have to unlock your device before doing that.

So, for the future, you'll have to go to the FIRMWARE tab (in the middle top, even if you're on the forum or on whatever section of the website). Then, a little bit on the botton of those tabs, you'll see the FIRMWARE tab again. So click and you'll arrive in the firmware selection.
    Also, when choosing the COUNTRY, choose your region without carriers. For instance, choose Germany DBT (which is "open") instead of Germany T-Mobile (which is carrier version).

Obviously, you will have to flash the firmware (means installing) to your device.

I linked you the Germany DBT (see above) but now you are ready to do it on your own. Hopefuly I have been clear!

Hello...Thanks very much Drakenlord78 for the reply and help..if i may.. i have a few more questions... by unlock my device, do you mean no sim lock.. there is no sim lock on my fone, i use a sim here from the Philippines, that works without problem.. i just want to get rid of those *boring apps and T.mobile things* just as you mentioned.. the link to germany DBT is fine, just which one of those firmware do i use, and what does this PDA number have to do with it ? Thanks again..

Oh that's even better so.

The sim unlock can, sometimes, lead to some issues while changing from a firmware to another. But if yours is already sim-unlocked, then you will succeed without that much pain.

PDA is the firmware version. This is the base of the firmware. Then you get the CSC, which is the regional file and then you have the RADIO, as it sounds like, manage all the hardware linked to data operations (calls, 2G/3G/4G/WIMAX/Wi-Fi ...). Remember that without that file, the software and the hardware can't comunicate. It's kinda "google trad" for those as they don't get the same language.

Hello Drakenlord, thanks again for the info and being patient to answer my questions... A few more if i may please. My PDA number is 19305XXBME3, which also is the first firmware from 2013 June ver 4.1.2 on the link you sent me, so do i use that firmware??
    Also what about the CSC and tha RADIO file, are they in the above file, or must i also download it.. Or are they on the device and will not be deleted when i change the base firmware.. thanks very much....

You're welcome buddy.

In one hand, the CSC and the RADIO partitions are included in each firmware you will download. So this is good to hear and you have not to go in several places to find and install those differents parts.

But in other hand, they will delete the previous CSC and RADIO (for the CSC, in general, there is no impact as this is the langugage support in most of the partition). However, the RADIO only change to enhance all the network stuff (do not confuse with EFS I will talk about soon). So this only apply several tweaks harmless for your device. ALL YOUR SETTINGS, DATA AND ABOUT ALL YOUR DEVICE WILL NOT BE DELETED/OVERWROTE. This means that flashing a firmware is only good for you.

But, if you are about to flash the I9300XXEMG4 series (I9305XXEMG4 for you then), you gonna have a bad time. In fact, it change something important with the network, even this is the work of the RADIO as it only change the way the firmware is reading your IMEI. But to sum up, flashing it will condemn and you will not be able to revert back to previous firmware (but only newer). If you are not a strong developer, this will not bother you. Otherwise, I will not advice to take that way.

Sorry the the long lines but I want to ensure that you get all the thing to make your decision.

Hello, flashed my device..worked fine as far as i can tell....No more T.mobile apps...or screens.... Normal Samsung screens and apps.. 3G,4G. LTE is there too... Thank you very much for your patience and help..

You're welcome. Also, please ensure that everything is okay.

For instance, check whether all AP, CP and CSC are okay (no "unknown") and you got your proper IMEI number under SETTINGS and ABOUT MY DEVICE.

And of course, enjoy!