Thread: Galaxy Y stuck at Samsung Logo after flashing custom ROM

Unhappy Galaxy Y stuck at Samsung Logo after flashing custom ROM

Hi. I just tried flashing Chobitsdigitalis on my SGY and now it's stuck at the Samsung boot logo.

Here's what I did on my phone:
    1. I rooted the phone using "update-root.zip".

2. I used CWM-Y--doky.zip to do the following:

a) Select "wipe data/factory reset" proceed to "YES"
    b) Select "cache partition"
    c) Select "apply update from sdcard"
    d) Select "ChobitsDigitalisV2_Reloaded.zip"

3. After flashing, I rebooted the phone and waited for 4 hours and nothing happened. It's stuck at the Samsung boot logo. I couldn't turn the phone off from the power button so I removed the battery. I couldn't boot to stock recovery.

I've been reading from the guides and tutorials in forums in search of a way to fix the problem. I've found some solutions but I'm afraid to further damage the phone so I'd like to ask a couple of questions first.

1. Suppose I missed "step b" (cache partition) from above, could that be the cause of my phone getting bricked?
    2. I've read that I need Odin Communicator to revive the phone and, I would also need an Odin Flash-able firmware. How can I be sure that I'm using the correct firmware for my phone? I get the idea that it depends on which country I'm from, but would it also depend on which mobile network I'm with? My phone is locked to Globe, a mobile network from in the Philippines.
    3. Before I flashed, I created a backup using CWM. Can I still use that to revive the phone?
    4. I tried using Kies to revive my phone through Firmware Update and Initialization. I was able to follow the steps but Kies could not detect my phone in 'Download mode' so I couldn't start the process. Is there anything else I need to do to connect my phone to Kies?

These are my questions for now. I hope to hear from you guys as soon as possible. I'm just excited to see if I could do this by myself, but with your guidance of course.

before flashing costum mode, did you flash stock Rom?

Super Moderator
    go to recovery and clear cache then data usually ChobitsDigitalisV2_Reloaded.zip take 1-2 min to bot at first time