Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Africa I9500

South Africa I9500

I bought a new i9500 with 32gb and I'm quite happy with it.I then noticed the purple smearing(which is JUST annoying) and the overheating.I saw lots of people saying that new firmware will solve this issue,then I searched for new firmware and found nothing.I checked in kies and found out that my phone has South African firmware(XFA in Kies).The build number is i9500XXUAMDK and CSC is i9500OJVAMDK.I checked sammobile and was rather surprised to find out that what I had was the latest firmware...ARE YOU SERIOUS?The newest firmware is the buggy,overheating April firmware...and it's August NOW!

Now...I see that south Africa is well below other countries...I mean some countries even have the August firmware...
    Will a new firmware be released in South Africa?

First of all, let's be clear about Sammobile.
    It is a Samsung owners site and not part of Samsung itself.
    So therefore Sammobile has no say I when firmware will be released.

As to your problem.
    If your phone is not locked to a network then you can install any stock firmware using Odin.
    Top 10 latest firmware here :
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    First of all, let's be clear about Sammobile.
    It is a Samsung owners site and not part of Samsung itself.
    So therefore Sammobile has no say I when firmware will be released.

As to your problem.
    If your phone is not locked to a network then you can install any stock firmware using Odin.
    Top 10 latest firmware here :
    I know you can't tell me when,I know that I can flash anything for i9500 but I won't get any OTA or kies updates
    Tell me,if I flash another firmware and then flash the original one again,will I get any OTA updates(if there will be) and Kies will not tell me that my firmware is unofficial?

Quote Originally Posted by romishrom [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I know you can't tell me when,I know that I can flash anything for i9500 but I won't get any OTA or kies updates
    Tell me,if I flash another firmware and then flash the original one again,will I get any OTA updates(if there will be) and Kies will not tell me that my firmware is unofficial?
    If Kies or OTA updates are important for you, then stay with that method of updating.
    Using Odin may stop Kies from offering an update unless you change the Product Code of your phone - and that means you have to root it.

greenman
    if i flash official rom from another country and get back to rom of my country Custom binary will changed for i9500????? to avoid break warranty i read some posts said their is hidden binary can't seen unlike i9505 or s3 s2 ????

Quote Originally Posted by maoa80 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    greenman
    if i flash official rom from another country and get back to rom of my country Custom binary will changed for i9500????? to avoid break warranty i read some posts said their is hidden binary can't seen unlike i9505 or s3 s2 ????
    Installing official firmware does not add to the binary count.
    If you have a link to the information posted, then can you provide it?

i am asking because i know their is hidden BInary counter [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    for i9500 only but their is problem in lose imei EFS FOLDER AFTER UPGRADE TO I9500XXUBMG9 for some people and must take backup first for efs but it need root and root increase counter so how we backup efs without root for i9500

Quote Originally Posted by maoa80 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    i am asking because i know their is hidden BInary counter [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    for i9500 only but their is problem in lose imei EFS FOLDER AFTER UPGRADE TO I9500XXUBMG9 for some people and must take backup first for efs but it need root and root increase counter so how we backup efs without root for i9500
    Like most engineered reporting features to check on user 'abuse' (as Samsung see it) there will come a work around.
    Until then, unless you are technical, it is probably better to stick to Kies/OTA for updates.

You have to have some sympathy with Samsung, who are probably dealing with thousands of repairs under Warranty, that are down to user error.

Of course, if you are prepared to void warranty, then go ahead.
    Last edited by greenman; 10-08-2013 at 02:43.

Hello, i'm not sure if this the right thread to talk about this but i am going crazy looking for links to download stock firmware for my i9500 but all the links are dead including south africa. Please give me alternatives to download from or fix the dead hotfile links, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by rodneyavo [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello, i'm not sure if this the right thread to talk about this but i am going crazy looking for links to download stock firmware for my i9500 but all the links are dead including south africa. Please give me alternatives to download from or fix the dead hotfile links, thank you.
    Here is South Africa firmware: