Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: South Africa I9500

I clicked the link but it is dead. i tried on multiple browsers and even used several download managers just to be sure. still no show.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Here is South Africa firmware:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    The link is dead. i tried on multiple browsers and multiple download managers. no avail. It's amazing how no other filesharing site is hosting these firware, though. Thanks i advance for your help.

Links fine. Just tried it.
    Trouble must be at your end.
    Clear your computer browser cache and try again.

Samsung South Africa are nothing short of pathetic at releasing updates, they are super slow and ignorant.

I tried VERY hard to live with the MDK FW but it began to drive me nuts when the Camera would sometimes crash and reboot the phone.

So what did I do? I flashed the Bangladesh MG1 FW with Odin and then I changed the CSC to TML, this then allowed me to do an OTA update to MG5 which has been great so far

To get OTA updates, just change the CSC to the region who's FW you've flashed, note though, changing CSC does format the phones internal mem so do a backup.

To change my CSC I went to Phone, typed in: *#272*Phone's IMEI# and then selected TML as I had flashed a Bangladesh FW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsepz_GP [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

To change my CSC I went to Phone, typed in: *#272*Phone's IMEI# and then selected TML as I had flashed a Bangladesh FW.
    Are you saying that you got the short code to work?
    It has been disabled since ICS.
    ??

Yep, worked without a single problem on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsepz_GP [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Yep, worked without a single problem on my side.
    Thanks.
    That is very good news.
    Will have to try it again.

Bit of a bump but the hotfile link is definitely dead now since hotfile is gone. Any other links? Pretty please?

Post link to firmware you want.