Thread: Downgrading Ace 2 to Gingerbread

Downgrading Ace 2 to Gingerbread

Hi guys. I recently upgraded my Galaxy Ace 2 to Jellybean from the leaked software. Whilst the OS is great, it's too laggy on the phone, so wanted to return to the original OS, gingerbread.

There's various guides on how to do this following other peoples dissatisfaction for Jellybean, but when downloading the file 'I8160XXLK6_I8160OXXLK1_HOME.tar.md5' every guide says that after extracting, there should be 3 files:

- CODE_GT-I8160XXLK6_CL1211243_REV00_SEC_KEY_LK6-4G.tar.md5
    - CSC_GT-I8160-MULTI-CSC-0XELF1_SEC_KEY_4G.tar.md5
    - GT-I8160_EUR_XX_4G.pit

But following extraction the only file that appears is "GT-I8160_EUR_XX_4G.pit". Has anyone else encountered this and know the solution? I've tried searching for the individual files online to no avail. I'm familiar with the process of using Odin after using it for the upgrade, but this has stumped me.

I'd appreciate all the help as I can get as my phone is currently stuck on the main logo screen.

Samsung firmware is extracted once to get a tar. md5 file (ignore the dll file)
    The tar file is put into the PDA box of Odin.
    Do not make any other changes to Odin.

Install link here:
    http://techfocusmob.blogspot.co.uk/2...-with.html?m=1
    Last edited by greenman; 24-06-2013 at 22:52.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    Samsung firmware is extracted once to get a tar. md5 file (ignore the dll file)
    The tar file is put into the PDA box of Odin.
    Do not make any other changes to Odin.

Install link here:
    http://techfocusmob.blogspot.co.uk/2...-with.html?m=1
    Thanks mate, I'll have another crack at it tonight. For some reason the .md5 file for gingerbread that I downloaded the night before wouldn't work, but i managed to put a different (English based) version of Jelly bean on for the time being. It's not as laggy as the last version I had but still think I'd like the snappiness of GB back.

Thanks again.