Thread: I am moving from iPhone to Galaxy S4 - quite nervous about it

Question I am moving from iPhone to Galaxy S4 - quite nervous about it

Hi All,

Total Samsung Newbie here! so not sure if this is the right place to post.

I'm awaiting delivery of a Samsung S4 in white on Monday.

I've had every generation of iPhone and quite apprehensive of getting a totally unfamiliar Samsung phone, anybody else in here moved to a Samsung from iPhone?

What can I expect that the iPhone doesn't already give me?

I have to say I'm starting to resent my current iPhone as it seems everybody around me with a Samsung are really happy with their phone.

You are going to go through a major change in mindset.
    First of all you will have to forget everything you did on the iPhone, and be as open minded as possible about your Samsung.
    You will get frustrated that the Samsung cannot do this or that like the iPhone, but after a week or so, you will begin to appreciate your S4.

In preparation, get a Gmail account (if you don't already have one) and transfer all your contacts to Gmail contacts.
    This way you will never lose your contacts as they are automatically synced to your android phone - whichever one you have.

Hi, where can I find interesting features of s4, what other interesting things s4 can do?

Thnx.

Quote Originally Posted by hemshres [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi, where can I find interesting features of s4, what other interesting things s4 can do?

Thnx.
    Samsung Web site or try the many review sites like this:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I too have moved from a iPhone to a s4 and find that I can do nearly all that I could do on the iPhone and have it syncing with icloud as well which is a bonus as stays in sync with my iPad and MacBook

When upgrading from one iPhone to Samsung, transferring your existing data and settings to your new device is easy. But, when you're faced with the task of [ Login above or register to see download links. ], the process can be a bit trickier.
    Although you can't transfer some operating system-dependent things like text messages and call history, it is possible to move your contacts, files, photos, and videos from your Android to your iPhone.
    Last edited by diantheross; 20-02-2014 at 02:22.