Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GT-I9505 United Kingdom firmware

GT-I9505 United Kingdom firmware

Hello.
    I am very new to this forum so not what sure if this has already been answered. I just bought Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505LTE. I live in UK and I am on three network.

Currently when I plugged my phone into kies, it shows I have latest firmware see below.
    PDA:MDM/ PHONE:MDM / CSC:MD8 (BTU)

Now on this website, I see there is another firmware for galaxy GT-I9505
    Model: GT-I9505
    Version: Android 4.2.2
    Changelist: N/A
    Build date: N/A
    Product Code: H3G
    PDA: I9505XXUAME2
    CSC: I9505H3GAMD8
    MODEM: I9505XXUAME2

Is this safe to download this? and is this official firmware? If it is, why it is now showing through the kies? Is this firmware any different to firmware I have got currently installed on my phone?

Your S4 is probably locked to the 3 (or H3G) network, therefore you can only install H3G firmware.
    The one you found on Sammobile is newer than the firmware on your phone., and should be available through Kies over the next week, or try Settings > About device > Software update

Thanks for replying. I tried software update on my phone and it says i have the latest software installed. Is it ok to intstall the firmware for H3G available here. It has a logo of kies on it too. How can i do it??

Quote Originally Posted by Harry12 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks for replying. I tried software update on my phone and it says i have the latest software installed. Is it ok to intstall the firmware for H3G available here. It has a logo of kies on it too. How can i do it??
    You can install the firmware by downloading to a computer.
    unzip once to get a .tar file.
    Put the .tar file in the PDA box of Odin.
    Connect your phone to computer with USB lead and flash the firmware ................ or you could wait a few days and install with Kies/OTA.

Thanks again mate....may be a silly question but how long it takes to come officially on kies?? the one which I mentioned above
    it has got kies logo next to it but I still get the message on OTA or via kies tht I have the latest firmware when I know it isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry12 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks again mate....may be a silly question but how long it takes to come officially on kies?? the one which I mentioned above
    it has got kies logo next to it but I still get the message on OTA or via kies tht I have the latest firmware when I know it isn't?
    Would have thought that within next few days it should be on Kies.
    Check that your Kies is up to date.

yeah I checked and I have got the latest kies version
    version 2.5.3.13043_14

If Your phone is BTU csc it is network unlocked. 3 mobile is HG3 csc so it seems unlike most people who want to take network locked firmware off their handset you want to put it on ... It seems that due to the delay from samsung and 3 trying to get phones out asap some lucky people got totally unlocked BTU phones.unless your desperate to have extra bloatware and having to wait longer for updates stay as you are.

thanks for the reply. I am going to wait for the update but not sure when it will be available officially through kies...when I look through kies or FOTA, it says I have the latest firmware which I know is old...any idea when UK users will get this firmware?

Things have changed, and my conspiracy theory is that UK networks have put collective pressure on Samsung UK to ensure they (the networks) get the updated firmware before 'open' phones.
    Common sense tells us that the 'open' firmware is ready, and indeed released to the networks. They have now added and modified to make it suitable for their customers.
    In my theory, it means that BTU 'open ' firmware will be released once all networks have completed their customer updates.

May be wrong, but it was a similar delay with the S3 updates.