Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GT-I9505 United Kingdom firmware

I had an update recently which was performed by a samsung worker at their store..im not sure if they went into recovery mode..my overheating has calmed down after that update but it does reach those heights when i play graphic intense games (real boxing)..do you think i should go into recovery mode and clear cache myself
    Last edited by riddy_2010; 23-06-2013 at 13:26.

Do you trust the samsung worker to have carried out the correct procedure??????

Back up your data with Kies or try the Helium app from the Play store.
    Now Go into Recovery Mode and Clear cache then Clear data if your phone , under normal (not game intensive) use is getting hot, or battery use increases beyond what you have normally experienced.

Otherwise, just leave it.

Im a total novice with this phone. How do I go into recovery mode.. Will i lose the update which was installed

Quote Originally Posted by riddy_2010 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Im a total novice with this phone. How do I go into recovery mode.. Will i lose the update which was installed
    Recovery mode:
    Press and hold Volume up + Home button + Power button (all 3 together) until in blue writing of Recovery Mode.
    Use volume to select Clear Cache (harmless, removes historical data from sites and applications used)
    Now Clear data (but backup first as this will remove all data you have added such as contacts on the phone, sms, apps)
    Your firmware remains the same and your camera photo file (DCIM) and sd card are not touched
    You will need to get your network settings again - usually automatically with a text.

When i hold all three buttons together some little blue writing appears on top left saying recovery booting..nothing else comes up and then the phone just boots up normally...

Quote Originally Posted by riddy_2010 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    When i hold all three buttons together some little blue writing appears on top left saying recovery booting..nothing else comes up and then the phone just boots up normally...
    Release power when you see blue writing.

Thank you for your help. The phone is now operating below 36c with normal use (browsing can take it up 40c). Temperature whilst gaming still goes upto 41c (candy crush) and 52c (real boxing). What are the expected temperatures the s4 should be operating at?

Thank you for your help. The phone is now operating below 36c with normal use (browsing can take it up 40c). Temperature whilst gaming still goes upto 41c (candy crush) and 52c (real boxing). What are the expected temperatures the s4 should be operating at?
    You are clearly operating within parameters as your device would shut down if the maximum temperature was exceeded.

Its disgusting really because if I bought a BTU handset from Samsung direct, I would expect my updates prompt as I had given Samsung A LOT OF MONEY for the s4!

Sort of like walking into MacDonald's, ordering a meal, paying for it, then being told that we will give you it next week when all the other people in the queue have it first!

It's the difference between Apple and Samsung.
    How many different phone models to Apple have?
    Rolling out Apple firmware is easy - but do android users choose the iPhone?

If getting firmware with the herd is what you want, then perhaps you should consider it.
    For me, I prefer to install the firmware I want, when I want to, and for that I'm prepared to put up with the odd delay, or install a custom rom or a test firmware or firmware from another country or an earlier version or.........