Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Bootloop, how can I reset and keep my contacts

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8

    Bootloop, how can I reset and keep my contacts

    My mini goes into a bootloop and starts over and over again. I know how to do a factory-reset, but than I'll loose my contacts. Is there a way to safe them?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,809
    Quote Originally Posted by rocker128 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    My mini goes into a bootloop and starts over and over again. I know how to do a factory-reset, but than I'll loose my contacts. Is there a way to safe them?
    Best way to ensure you don't lose contacts on an android, is to use GMail contacts.
    That way they are synced to whichever android phone you are using.

    But for your question, you can use Kies to save contacts or try the Helium app from the Play Store.
    To save SMS try SMS backup + from the Play Store.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8
    Thank you for your quick reply. I was so stupid not to make a backup. I allready tried Kies but it won't connect, probably because the phone isn't able to start up. I also tried Odin. Odin can make connection to the phone in the downloadmode but I don't know what to do with it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,809
    Quote Originally Posted by rocker128 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank you for your quick reply. I was so stupid not to make a backup. I allready tried Kies but it won't connect, probably because the phone isn't able to start up. I also tried Odin. Odin can make connection to the phone in the downloadmode but I don't know what to do with it.
    Ah! If you cannot get phone to start, you need a computer.

    Find your firmware in Sammobile and download to computer and unzip once to get a tar file (ignore the dll file)
    Now Google for 's5570 odin install', and choose one you like the look of.

    Unfortunately you will lose your data including Contacts if only saved to phone.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8
    I bought this phone secondhand a few days ago and put all my phonenumbers into it. I also downloaded a few aps and I saw a message about low memory, so I think that will be the problem. At that point I couldn't get acces tot the internet either.
    Now the phone starts up and hangs on the Samsung logo. After a few minutes it closes and starts up again. I searched the internet for two days now and couldn't find a solution for keeping my phonenumbers. I allready downloaded some files in Sammobile but saw that doing so I will lose my contacts. Is it possible to somehow acces the root?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,809
    Have you tried connecting to Kies?
    It has an Emergency Recovery section, but frankly I don't think you can save your data including contacts.

    You can root from download, but you still won't be able to access root files without access to your phone.
    Think you're going to have to bite the bullet and flash with Odin or Factory reset from Recovery mode.
    Now use Gmail to install then sync contacts to your phone. That way you will never lose them.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,809
    Just a thought....
    If you can get into Recovery mode, then Clear Cache and see if that removes the conflicts that are preventing boot.
    That way you will not be losing data (apart from cached history.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8
    I cannot get connection with Kies, but I can get into the Recovery mode. I will try clearing the cache now... No result. Can I do something with "apply update from sdcard"? Perhaps putting a program on the external sdcard that tells it to boot from there or deleting some aps? I think deleting some aps whould solve the memoryproblem and maybe it'll start up than.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,809
    Quote Originally Posted by rocker128 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I cannot get connection with Kies, but I can get into the Recovery mode. I will try clearing the cache now... No result. Can I do something with "apply update from sdcard"? Perhaps putting a program on the external sdcard that tells it to boot from there or deleting some aps? I think deleting some aps whould solve the memoryproblem and maybe it'll start up than.
    That is what I was thinking when suggesting the Clear Cache.
    The 'install update zip' is for firmware updates and cannot be used as you suggest, but you can try a backup. This should save your user data, but do not save it on phone, but on external sd card or your computer if you can.

    Now go back to Recovery Mode and a clear Data.

    This will resolve your bootloop problem.
    When it restarts, go back to a recovery mode to backup. Hopefully this will not re-introduce the problem, but restore your contact data along with other user data.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8
    I don't know how to make a backup in this situation. Any suggestion?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •