Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heating & Battery Drain On Galaxy Note N7000

Heating & Battery Drain On Galaxy Note N7000

my N7000 (build:JZO54K.N7000ZSLM5) seriously heating up and draining battery very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by richard etim [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    my N7000 (build:JZO54K.N7000ZSLM5) seriously heating up and draining battery very quickly.
    Very common after a recent update or installation of new apps.

The solution is to go into Recovery Mode and Clear Cache and Clear Data.
    WARNING: Do not use a custom Recovery for this action until you have checked that your phone does not have the emmc bricking.
    There's an app on the Play Store. Just search with emmc brickbug.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Very common after a recent update or installation of new apps.

The solution is to go into Recovery Mode and Clear Cache and Clear Data.
    WARNING: Do not use a custom Recovery for this action until you have checked that your phone does not have the emmc bricking.
    There's an app on the Play Store. Just search with emmc brickbug.
    Dude hey

i have a N7000 too updated with odin to hong kong last JB 4.1.2 and my battery is draining too fast, in a normal consumption SCREEN is consuming up to 81% of the complete battery, ive searched in forums what to do but no one has a especific fix, i did factory reset and the problem continues, it also says in ANDROID SYSTEM when you press refresh it says SURFACEFLINGER plz help me with this if u want i can get you a screenshot

Thanks man

First of all, don't be misled by battery percentages.
    If you are using your phone a lot, the screen will be a major user of battery power.
    How long is your phone actually running before recharge?
    If you get through the day, your battery drain is normal.

BTW Surface flinger is what puts your info on the screen and a normal android feature.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    First of all, don't be misled by battery percentages.
    If you are using your phone a lot, the screen will be a major user of battery power.
    How long is your phone actually running before recharge?
    If you get through the day, your battery drain is normal.

BTW Surface flinger is what puts your info on the screen and a normal android feature.
    Thanks for the fast response, i have an app called Battery widget Reborn that says the remaining battery of my device, before the problem comes out fully charged it said 20 hours remaining, now in a fully charged it says 10 hours or less, and about the percentage, before the problem in a complete battery drain, my screen was only 50 percent of comsuption and now it is always above 70 or 80, its very rare what is happening to me

Thanks!

Uninstall the battery app. It is giving unreasonable expectations.
    The only way you will get 20 hours of battery life is if you turn off phone.
    With average use the N7000 will last through the day - and need recharging overnight.

Uninstall the battery app. It is giving unreasonable expectations.
    The only way you will get 20 hours of battery life is if you turn off phone.
    With average use the N7000 will last through the day - and need recharging overnight.
    ok! thanks again!

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by richard etim [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Had the same issue and it was because the GPS was ON. Pull down the notification bar and switch off the GPS. Also, remember to check the GPS status each time you use an app that automatically switches on the GPS.

You're right.
    GPS linked to Google location services are a particular problem.

Super Moderator
    galaxy note have a Big screen so It use a lot of battery power.it have a dual core so it will cool down.heating will not damage your phone.and turn off auto sync,Smart stay
    Last edited by mobilecracker; 27-06-2013 at 11:21.