Login or Join
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Vienna Tablet & Galaxy Tab 3 Plus !

Samsung Vienna Tablet & Galaxy Tab 3 Plus !

The 10.1" is too small for me.

An 11.6" / 12.2" Galaxy Tab 3 Plus would be good.

I am also interested in a Samsung Vienna 13.3" tablet (it will be a Note tablet more likely than a Tab line) -> Samsung Galaxy Note 13.3" (Vienna)

Any news on these would be great and appreciated.
    I am buying one this year 100% as soon as they come to market.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Umbral666; 11-06-2013 at 16:24.

Samsung said Super AMOLED Plus with traditional RGB RGB (3 subpixels) had low screen life and high cost to make. That is why they didn't use that type of screen on Galaxy S3. (except the Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tizen OS 1, using a non-pentile HD Super AMOLED Plus)

So, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 did used a top quality screen (RGB stripe) but it has low life. The PenTile versions really suck. (Galaxy S4)

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I still think the Pixel Qi makes the best displays ever with extreme low power usage.

Take a look here for example Ipad Screen vs Pixel Qi Screen : [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Why would anyone want an AMOLED Screen that is expensive and where the colors start to degrade uneven and quite fast is beyond my rational comprehension.

For maximum battery life especially outside Pizel Qi screen is unbeatable. I wonder what Samsung screen will use for their tablets in the end.

Administrator
    WHAT :S The PenTile versions really suck. (Galaxy S4)

The Galaxy S 4 screen is the best screen in the world at the moment. Comeon Samsung need to use Pentile because RGB is to hard to produce. Everything cost time. There is nothing wrong with pentile on a high resolution. Don't forget for Samsung is FULL HD AMOLED panels totally new.

You can't compare AMOLED with LCD or TFT.

Take a look at these pictures i see a big difference.

Samsung needs to produce with Pentile just to lower costs and have higher profit. This has nothing to do with quality screens.

Indeed the AMOLED goes away sooner than LCD. Maximum satisfaction for a limited time. Is that what everyone wants ?

"Lifespan
    The biggest technical problem for AMOLEDs is the limited lifetime of the organic materials. In particular, blue AMOLEDs historically have had a lifetime of around 14,000 hours to half original brightness (five years at 8 hours a day) when used for flat-panel displays. This is lower than the typical lifetime of LCD, LED or PDP technology—each currently rated for about 25,000–40,000 hours to half brightness, depending on manufacturer and model."

"Color balance issues
    Additionally, as the AMOLED material used to produce blue light degrades significantly more rapidly than the materials that produce other colors, blue light output will decrease relative to the other colors of light. This variation in the differential color output will change the color balance of the display and is much more noticeable than a decrease in overall luminance."

I don't like paying premium for temporary things that need replacement the next year.

Anyway i am really interested in more info on Vienna and Tab3 plus displays.

Do you know if AMOLED / OLED uses PWM for dimming down the screen ?
    So does the screen flicker ?

Administrator
    We are talking here about the S4 with full HD. [ Login above or register to see download links. ] is only HD... Yes RGB is better. Samsung always want to have the best displays. I don't think they did this to earn more. I believe Samsung did this because they couldn't make it yet.

Dear DannyD,
    How sure you are about Samsung is delaying our software update?!!
    The Exynos processor wasn't a problem with Galaxy Note I, and Galaxy S II, they only differs in minor things like WiFi driver.
    and their updates are out now, don't you think there's another reason behind it ?!!
    Actually what the development will be is like configure and build reused code.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    We are talking here about the S4 with full HD. [ Login above or register to see download links. ] is only HD... Yes RGB is better. Samsung always want to have the best displays. I don't think they did this to earn more. I believe Samsung did this because they couldn't make it yet.
    @danny, could you please investigate more about the Exynos problem they have ?
    also, could you reply please on my previous post

Administrator
    Information about this, this week on SamMobile

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Information about this, this week on SamMobile
    The Galaxy Tab 3 Plus is likely to make its debut simultaneously with the Galaxy Note III in September at the Berlin IFA conference ?