SamMobile - Powered by vBulletin

Red face Samsung S6 Edge Plus still on Android 5.1.1

Dear Forum members,

This is my 1st post on this forum and I hope to receive some valuable feedback from the fellow community members. I recently received a replacement galaxy s6 edge plus from my insurer which still has android version 5.1.1 and when I try to check for an update OTA it says the latest software is already there on my device which apparently is 5.1.1 and obviously not latest. The least I would expect is Marshmellow .

My build no. is LMY47X.G928FXXU2AOL2 (XEU) and I would like to confirm if there is anyone else like me. I have been told by Samsung advisor that I will receive an update once they release it for me but shouldn't I be able to upgrade to Marshmellow atleast if not Nougat.

Waiting to hear from you all soon.

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by manishsoni85 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Dear Forum members,

This is my 1st post on this forum and I hope to receive some valuable feedback from the fellow community members. I recently received a replacement galaxy s6 edge plus from my insurer which still has android version 5.1.1 and when I try to check for an update OTA it says the latest software is already there on my device which apparently is 5.1.1 and obviously not latest. The least I would expect is Marshmellow .

My build no. is LMY47X.G928FXXU2AOL2 (XEU) and I would like to confirm if there is anyone else like me. I have been told by Samsung advisor that I will receive an update once they release it for me but shouldn't I be able to upgrade to Marshmellow atleast if not Nougat.

Waiting to hear from you all soon.

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback.
    This is the latest firmware for your device:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Model SM-G928F
    Model name Galaxy S6 edge+
    Country United Kingdom/Ireland (XEU)
    Version Android 7.0
    Changelist 11762721
    Build date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 07:16:02 +0000
    Security Patch Level 2017-12-01
    Product code XEU
    PDA G928FXXS3CQL5
    CSC G928FXEU3CQJ1

@henklbr thank you very much for providing the link to latest firmware. Does this mean I can download the software manually to my device and doing this will not void my warranty or cause any other issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manishsoni85 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    @henklbr thank you very much for providing the link to latest firmware. Does this mean I can download the software manually to my device and doing this will not void my warranty or cause any other issues.

Thanks
    You can't download it to your device, but download it to your PC and flash via Odin

@henklbr yes thats what I meant. thanks for your help.