SamMobile - Powered by vBulletin

Can I flash Malaysian 7.1.1 on my J510GN?

Hello! I've been wanting to upgrade my J5 2016 to 7.1.1 for a long time now and I can no longer wait. I think it'll take another 5 months of waiting like crazy before it'll get released here in my country (Philippines) which is still horribly stuck with Marshmallow.

Anyway I want to ask this community if my phone is compatible with the Malaysian version of 7.1.1 J510GNDXU2BQK1 ? won't this brick my phone? or what about the radio frequencies? and simcard and IMEI function/data? ALSO please note that my smartphone is openline or unlocked

this is my current firmware version [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

This should be possible, since that Firmware uses the same Multo-CSC OLB

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Use minimal Odin 3.12.x, place filke in AP

Flashing is at your own risk!

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    This should be possible, since that Firmware uses the same Multo-CSC OLB

Use minimal Odin 3.12.x, place filke in AP

Flashing is at your own risk!
    Ok thanks! anyway if anything goes wrong, can you please link me to my current Philippine official ROM? there are multiple here and I am confused which one matches mine xD

Quote Originally Posted by imrandaredevil666 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Ok thanks! anyway if anything goes wrong, can you please link me to my current Philippine official ROM? there are multiple here and I am confused which one matches mine xD

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank you!!!

Hello again. I have successfully flashed the ROM... please check if everything installed correctly. Everything works on my end and it is more fluid compared to Marshmallow.

Everything looks ok

Everything looks ok
    haha thanks! you can now close this thread thank you so much xD LONG LIVE SAMSUNG