SamMobile - Powered by vBulletin

Debrand UK BTU Question

Good evening. I have seen this question several times but I’m struggling to understand how to change the csc and how to find out the one I need to change it to.

I have a S7 on Vodafone UK and I wish to flash to BTU. I understand the Odin part but not so sure how to change the csc. Also how do I find out the csc of the BTU firmware I’ll need to be flashing. Many thanks for your help.

Quick edit. If my csc is in the BTU firmware and I don’t repartition will I still get the OTA updates. Thanks again
    Last edited by drich290195; 30-12-2017 at 20:56.

Quote Originally Posted by drich290195 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Good evening. I have seen this question several times but I’m struggling to understand how to change the csc and how to find out the one I need to change it to.

I have a S7 on Vodafone UK and I wish to flash to BTU. I understand the Odin part but not so sure how to change the csc. Also how do I find out the csc of the BTU firmware I’ll need to be flashing. Many thanks for your help.

Quick edit. If my csc is in the BTU firmware and I don’t repartition will I still get the OTA updates. Thanks again
    Why do you want to switch from VOD to BTU?

Firmware of VOD is much newer than of BTU! Do you have a Vodafone subscription?

Yeah I do. I didn’t realise it was newer. I just always like to be on stock. I checked my csc and it does not contain btu as one so does this mean it will change. How do I know what csc are included with the BTU if I flash that or do they just come with the one. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drich290195 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Yeah I do. I didn’t realise it was newer. I just always like to be on stock. I checked my csc and it does not contain btu as one so does this mean it will change. How do I know what csc are included with the BTU if I flash that or do they just come with the one. Thanks
    That's correct: VOD is part of the Multi-CSC VFG (which include all branded Vodafone-CSC's)

If you want to "debrand" your device, you need to download the latest BTU firmware, flash AP BL CP CSC_OXA -> your device will be RESETTED afterwards!
    Because OXA is a Multi-CSC and contains different CSC's (i.e. BTU DBT XEU), I'm not sure what CSC you'll get after the flash

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    That's correct: VOD is part of the Multi-CSC VFG (which include all branded Vodafone-CSC's)

If you want to "debrand" your device, you need to download the latest BTU firmware, flash AP BL CP CSC_OXA -> your device will be RESETTED afterwards!
    Because OXA is a Multi-CSC and contains different CSC's (i.e. BTU DBT XEU), I'm not sure what CSC you'll get after the flash
    Thanks regardless of BTu DBT XEU will it still be unbranded

Yes...