PDA

View Full Version : [Firmware] Need SM-T805 (NEE) Nordic PIT file

Otherland
15-09-2014, 11:41
Hi there

Can someone help me with providing the PIT file for a SM-T805 (LTE version). And if there is a difference, then for the nordic ediction of the tablet.
I have a PIT file for the SM-T800 but I don't know if it is the same as the T805.

Cheers
Otherland

greenman
15-09-2014, 12:58
There is likely to be a difference because of the additional need for modem memory.
But will have a look around and come back with something more definite.

Otherland
15-09-2014, 15:15
There is likely to be a difference because of the additional need for modem memory.
But will have a look around and come back with something more definite.

Thanks any help is really appreciated a lot :-)

greenman
15-09-2014, 16:16
Thanks any help is really appreciated a lot :-)
Not having much luck I'm afraid.:(
Found a link to CHAGALLLTE_EUR_OPEN.pit but link went to a paid download site and I have no confidence that it will give you what you want.

Here is the link, but I don't recommend it:
http://www.samsung-file.com/index.php?dir=/Model_T/T805_(SM-T805)/T805_Android_4.4.2/T805XXU1ANF6_T805OJV1ANG1_T805XXU1ANFB

Can we go back a step and may I ask why you are looking for a PIT file, as it is usually considered a last resort?

Otherland
15-09-2014, 16:29
The reason is that I had rooted my tablet, without any problem and installed a custom rom, and custom recovery.
I then inserted a micro SD card and wanted to format it as ext4. I think I selected it correctly in TRWP, but after doing the format.. the tablet wouldn't boot
It just writes 'Downloading.. Do not turn of target'
I then launched Odin, and tried to flash a new recovery, but it said that PIT file (or partition) was missing... YIKES...
I'm afraid that I somehow formatted the internal 'harddrive'/memory or something... it almost gives me cold sweat thinking about it.

So I was thinking if I could get a matching PIT file for a SM-T805 that I could recreate the partitions and then using Odin flash a stock rom or at least a custom recovery to boot, so I could install a custom again.

greenman
15-09-2014, 17:32
OK.
I agree it does look like you formatted the internal memory.
What to do? Take the risk and flash with the T800 PIT or wait for a T805 PIT file or take to service for a reflash (possibly not under warranty)
Difficult decision and one I can't help you with I'm afraid.

Otherland
15-09-2014, 17:52
I'm afraid that I only got those options left. I might deside to get hold of the T805 PIT file, and try to sue using Odin to do the partitions.
I'm not sure if the PitMagic or Heimdall tool is a better option to use.
I can also hope for the best to send it back in to the shop and just play dumb..and see if they will reflash it..and if not, ask them what it would cost to get them to do it...

Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it

Otherland
15-09-2014, 18:17
Hi Greenman

I desided to get hold of the PIT file you found. And I used it together with Odin and the firmware found at this site.
And guess what.. I manages to partition the tablet, install the firmware. It seems to stop in the boot process thou'
But I managed to install SU and customer recovery..so I'll try with a custom rom...again and see if I can get it up and run again.

Again thanks a lot for finding the PIT file. I'll update when I have more info or news (good or bad)...

Otherland
15-09-2014, 21:41
Ok I seem to have some problems. I can install samsung firmware using Odin, and install SU and custom recovery which boots fine.
I can also install various custom roms. But all roms (official and custom) doesn't go past the Samsing logo. And on the official rom, I get the boot sound but it stop midway and then the animation just continues for ever. For custom roms, I don't get any sound but here the Samsung boot animation just continue for ever.

I'm not sure if all the partition are correct. For instance, the data partition is empty after a clean install of official or custom rom. Is that normal ?

Is there a way for me to get hold of a boot log or something similar to see what's the problem is when it boots ?

greenman
15-09-2014, 23:20
Did you put the phone into Recovery Mode and wipe cache then Wipe data /factory reset after installing your firmware?
This may clear the bootloop.
If not, you may need the bootloader installed.

Otherland
16-09-2014, 09:21
Yes I put the phone into Recovery Mode. I wipe cache before and after flashing the new custom rom. But I'm not sure I did the data/factory after installing.
I'll try that when I'm home from work.

I thought the bootloader was part of the official samsung firmware (nordic version), which I installed first. And then later I installed the custom firmware.
both the official firmware and custom firmware/rom wont go past the boot animation (the one with sound and colors flying around).
Could it be that the offset for the bootloader or data partion isn't correct somehow ? I would just imagine that the bootloader is at the same location of all the versions/editions of the firmware. And the rest is just more about partition size then location... (order of the partitions are properly also important)

greenman
16-09-2014, 11:29
Something is not installing correctly.
I would forget the custom firmware and reinstall a stock firmware with the PIT file again.
Be prepared to install firmware once or even twice more if still getting stuck on the boot animation.
Once you have stock firmware up and running, you can then go back to a custom rom.

Otherland
16-09-2014, 11:31
OK.. I'll try that... again thanks for your help

Otherland
16-09-2014, 21:21
I've tried several times now to install the NNE version of the samsung firmware... the same result.
And when I go into Samsungs Recovery Mode.. and complains about this : E:failed to mount /efs (Invalid argument)
I'm not sure if it looks like the EFS partition or something is missing

If I can get Kies to detect the tablet.. would it be ok to flash the firmware from there...or would it make it worse ?

greenman
16-09-2014, 21:32
The failure to mount efs gives a big clue and this link gives, a solution based upon the i9300.
As the coding is Android rather than i9300 specific, I cannot see why it should not work for you (but can't guarantee it)
This is proving to be a tricky one to resolve, but I can see the finishing line. :)

http://zidroid.com/how-to-fix-failed-to-mount-efs-for-galaxy-s3-gt-i9300/

Otherland
17-09-2014, 16:16
Oh man.... I was to wuick I guess. I just returned it to a repair shop, hoping they could fix it. I'd rather do it myself.
Anyways I can't thank you enough for all the help and feedback you've given me.

I now hope the repair shop doesn't screw it up more (I guess they have insurance for that tho').

Again thanks a lot for all the help and feedback.

greenman
17-09-2014, 18:10
Fingers crossed for you.

If you can, let us know what they did to get your phone working. :)

Otherland
06-10-2014, 22:31
Hi Greenman

I've gotten my tablet bck. (Some time ago). The Repair shop couldn't fix the problem.
So after I got it back, I manually created the efs partition, mountd it and restarted the tablet.
And I got some new efs files..and dev IMEI number, and a new serial.

I've tried several things in order to change the IMEI and serial back to the original. but I haven't had any luck.
I also have a colleage who has the same tablet (He bought after I got mine back from the repair shop).
He created a EFS backup from his device, and I then I restored it on mine.. without a sim card in it.
And then I tried to change the IMEI and serial, but still no luck.

So the status for now is that I have a tablet that runs fine, but no Mobile connected and thus no LTE, just Wifi.
I haven't given up finding a solution for changing the IMEI number and serial yet. But at least it's up and running for normal tablet usage.

If you hear anything about changing the IMEI number on a Tab S, please let me know :-)
Ive' tried several thing that should work on a different Galaxy phones, but no luck there either.
I haven't tried it thou' with a sim card in it... I haven't dared to put it in... for now.

Cheers

greenman
06-10-2014, 22:49
Thanks for the update.
In Turkey, the techs have become proficient in changing IMEI to avoid the user paying tax on imported devices.
It is illegal in most countries (and Turkey too) to change the IMEI.
So it is certainly possible, but of course we, at Sammobile, cannot condone it.
Repairing your own IMEI is another matter, and should be within a mobile repair shop techs ability providing they have the appropriate equipment.
An octopus box is one of many pieces of equipment that can repair an IMEI.

mateito23
10-11-2014, 14:21
hi,
I bought a Chinese T805c SM-LTE, but I want to change it anguage Spanish as I do, I tried downloading the firmware page of Peru SM-T805 is also the team with root access but still when I do the process with 3.09 Odin sends me FAIL error and I can not.
has something or the KNOX Donwlading Security: Enable.

anyone who can help

regards,

Milton

CeeJay79
14-12-2014, 16:58
Hi Greenman

I've gotten my tablet bck. (Some time ago). The Repair shop couldn't fix the problem.
So after I got it back, I manually created the efs partition, mountd it and restarted the tablet.
And I got some new efs files..and dev IMEI number, and a new serial.

I've tried several things in order to change the IMEI and serial back to the original. but I haven't had any luck.
I also have a colleage who has the same tablet (He bought after I got mine back from the repair shop).
He created a EFS backup from his device, and I then I restored it on mine.. without a sim card in it.
And then I tried to change the IMEI and serial, but still no luck.

So the status for now is that I have a tablet that runs fine, but no Mobile connected and thus no LTE, just Wifi.
I haven't given up finding a solution for changing the IMEI number and serial yet. But at least it's up and running for normal tablet usage.

If you hear anything about changing the IMEI number on a Tab S, please let me know :-)
Ive' tried several thing that should work on a different Galaxy phones, but no luck there either.
I haven't tried it thou' with a sim card in it... I haven't dared to put it in... for now.

Cheers
Hi can U plz tell how do U fix itīm stuck at bootloop
Thanks

grafix
19-01-2015, 16:45
Otherland, Care to share the pit file you used?
Thank in Advance

Otherland
09-04-2015, 11:14
Hi there

I'm sorry that I haven't been back sooner, busy with life catching up and all.
But ehre is a link to the PIT file I used for my tablet. And I know mine is 805 and this one is for the 805, but it looks and works fine.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1djeo1hv74so4g/T800.pit?dl=0

/Otherland