PDA

View Full Version : [General] Boot-loop fix for Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O model

KumarPL
25-08-2014, 12:23
My above Tab (GT-P7510) has suddenly developed boot-loop problem. I have tried to access it using kies and ODIN but device does not get mounted. How can I access it and flash it. I have installed Samsung's USB drivers for mobile devices. In ODIN device is 'Added' while in upload mode. But gets 'Removed' when I go into fast-boot or download-mode. Shall appreciate help in restoring it.

greenman
25-08-2014, 12:58
My above Tab (GT-P7510) has suddenly developed boot-loop problem. I have tried to access it using kies and ODIN but device does not get mounted. How can I access it and flash it. I have installed Samsung's USB drivers for mobile devices. In ODIN device is 'Added' while in upload mode. But gets 'Removed' when I go into fast-boot or download-mode. Shall appreciate help in restoring it.
If you can access Recovery Mode, then wipe cache then Wipe Data/Factory reset.

You can backup your data with the Helium app from the Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&hl=en

KumarPL
26-08-2014, 11:17
Thanks Greenman for responding. No I can not get into recovery mode. If I press power it goes into upload mode. If I keep it pressed it goes into boot-loop. For turning it off I have to press power+Vol-up for 12-15 sec. If I press power+Vol-down it shows two options of fast-boot download mode. That is all. There is no recovery mode or any other display. Hope it gives some clue to what is happening.

greenman
26-08-2014, 13:59
Thanks Greenman for responding. No I can not get into recovery mode. If I press power it goes into upload mode. If I keep it pressed it goes into boot-loop. For turning it off I have to press power+Vol-up for 12-15 sec. If I press power+Vol-down it shows two options of fast-boot download mode. That is all. There is no recovery mode or any other display. Hope it gives some clue to what is happening.
Yes, you have lost your Recovery Mode.
All is not lost as you can access Download Mode and so can install a Custom Recovery.
http://theunlockr.com/2013/01/26/how-to-install-clockworkmod-recovery-on-the-samsung-galaxy-tab-2-10-1/

KumarPL
27-08-2014, 07:46
Thanks again. I think I failed to convey that for the device to be rooted or flashed it has to be seen by ODIN, and that is not happening. ODIN shows 'Added' only when I put it in upload-mode but when I go to download-mode it shows 'Removed'. I have tried three different USB drivers but that did not help. How to make my pc see the Tab in download-mode, is the issue here. BTW my pc is a self assembled one with dual boot Winxp pro and win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

greenman
27-08-2014, 13:40
Thanks again. I think I failed to convey that for the device to be rooted or flashed it has to be seen by ODIN, and that is not happening. ODIN shows 'Added' only when I put it in upload-mode but when I go to download-mode it shows 'Removed'. I have tried three different USB drivers but that did not help. How to make my pc see the Tab in download-mode, is the issue here. BTW my pc is a self assembled one with dual boot Winxp pro and win 7 Ultimate 64bit.
For the PC to see your phone your need:
1. The USB drivers - normally installed with Kies but can be downloaded directly:
http://androidxda.com/download-samsung-usb-drivers
2.Make sure that your USB lead is original or original quality.
3. Connect directly to PC usb port and not through a hub.
4. Try another USB port.
5. Do not use USB3.
6. Make sure that your antivirus is not blocking.

In Settings > Developer Options select USB debugging.

KumarPL
28-08-2014, 10:30
Hi Greenman,

I have taken care of all the above points mentioned by you. Still no success. The Tab refuses to connect to pc. The last point reg 'In Settings > Developer Options select USB debugging.' Can't access settings on the tab because it is not booting. Could there be some hardware problem?

greenman
28-08-2014, 10:57
Hardware problem?
As you have checked all of the points in my previous post, it is looking that way.
The most obvious is the charging port itself.
Just make sure it is clean and dry.
A dry toothbrush can be useful to clear out any debris.

KumarPL
28-08-2014, 18:59
I'll do that and report back. Thanks

KumarPL
06-09-2014, 09:21
Hi > Greenman.
As suggested by you, I cleaned the charging port and the cable connector with iso-propyl alcohol plus I also brought out my older pc with on only USB 2.0 ports (no USB3)., P4 Winxp one. and succeeded in pc able to mount the tab using ODIN 3.09. I tried loading stock ROM but failed, then I tried loading boot.img and recovery.img several times but ODIN got stuck with zero progress.

Finally I tried to flash bootloader (4.0.4_bootloader.tar.md5), which went through smoothly. Once it was done I could load the stock ROM as per following details:

PDA: P7510UELPL from SAMM0bile.com
Model: GT-P7510
Model name: GALAXY Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi
Version: Android 4.0.4
Product Code: XAB
PDA: P7510UELPL
CSC: P7510XABLPL
MODEM: P7510UELPL

Instructions
Extract (unzip) the firmware file
Download Odin v3.09
Extract Odin zip-file
Open Odin v3.09
Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons)
Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes

The Tab is fully functional now with latest ICS firmware. Thanks for the help.

greenman
06-09-2014, 09:56
Excellent news.
The bootloader was a good move, but often difficult to get hold of.
Can you post a new message with the title P7510 4.0.4 bootloader and the bootloader link?

Other members can then find and use as required.
Many thanks.:)

Jerrican
25-09-2015, 07:18

I had the same, but solved it. After booting it started to reboot after 10-20 seconds and this repeated continuously.

Please try this, after rebooting disable the wifi in the settings of your tablet.

If after disabling the wifi the tablet does not reboot than that is the issue.

How to solve?

enable the wifi again and remove the connections you are using or may use, starting first with the one that is connected (since otherwise the tablet will reboot before you have removed it). Than remove the others which you may use.

Also remove the tablet in your router from the list of connected devices (I am not sure it is needed but I did that)

Now reboot the tablet yourself.

In the settings of the tablet you see all your connections appearing again under Wifi.

Connect to the wifi connection (SSID) you need (you will likely have to input the key(password)).

Now the tablet does not reboot anymore automatically.