PDA

View Full Version : [General] Tab hang up at samsung screen

PilsPaul
09-07-2014, 18:58
Hi guys,

follow issue:

Few weeks ago, I had some issues with my tab ( Samsung Galaxy 10.1 wi-fi; P7510) by running the browser (standard browser). It stopped and android kill the process. After that I took notice, that the whole android needs a lot of time to run any app. I thouht that was caused by the many apps and pics and stuff which was on my tab. But now I have that issue, that the tab doesn´t start (run til samsung logo appears). So what I did until now:

wipe data/factory reset.

doesn´t fix.

So, I have the sense that there is some kind of hardware failure. What do you guys think about? WHat would you recommend me? Is there any possibility to fix the device, if the issue really caused by a hardware failure? Any experience how much money I need for such an "overhaul"?

Thanks in advance for reading, answering and helping me

My next step: Use Odin and flash a new firmware

greenman
09-07-2014, 19:33
If going into Recovery Mode, and wipe cache and then Wipe data/factory reset did not help, the next step is to reinstall your firmware.
See if Kies > Tools > Upgrade Firmware and initialize will install your firmware.

If not then download from Sammobile and install firmware with Odin.

PilsPaul
12-07-2014, 16:53
Thanks greenman. The connection with Kies was not possible. I had also issue with driver. They didn´t install. Whatever, I used odin and installed new firmware (P7510UBLP4_P7510ZTOLP2_ZTO). So, for the moment it seems to be fix. Flashing works and the "preinstallation" of the android software was fine :-). Unfortuneatly I´ve lost all the data on the tab. Whatever.

So, the android version is V4.04 now. Do you know if ther exist a newer one for this tab, and if this is the case, where I can get it?

Thanks in advance

Greets Paul

caiogalaxynote3
12-07-2014, 18:50
hello, I need help, I live in Brazil and bought a U.S. note 3, so I can not install an official rom BTU or for ZTO can use here, and it blocked by T-MOBILE, when I'm downloading screen on the device is not leaves me with a rom above, any help?

PilsPaul
12-07-2014, 20:34
You should ask in the Thread for Note 3. This one is for Galaxy Tab...:)

greenman
12-07-2014, 20:58
installed new firmware (P7510UBLP4_P7510ZTOLP2_ZTO
So, the android version is V4.04 now. Do you know if ther exist a newer one for this tab, and if this is the case, where I can get it?
The firmware you have installed is the very latest released for the P7510, so nothing newer.

PilsPaul
13-07-2014, 13:21
Thanks for answer greenman.

Yesterday I flashed a custom rom on tab (Android 4.4). Also installed a root.zip. Everthing works fine (relativly), but the system was not as stable as I thought. Some issues with Youttube, browser and some trivia. So, I flashed the firmware again :eek:. Just one question:
Afer that I flashed the clockwordmod recovery. If I connect the tab and start Kies (Kies 3), I get the message, that the tab is a unknown device. Do you think it has something to do with this recovery? If not, any other ideas ?

Thans in advance for your effort.

Greets Paul

greenman
13-07-2014, 13:41
Thanks for answer greenman.

Yesterday I flashed a custom rom on tab (Android 4.4). Also installed a root.zip. Everthing works fine (relativly), but the system was not as stable as I thought. Some issues with Youttube, browser and some trivia. So, I flashed the firmware again :eek:. Just one question:
Afer that I flashed the clockwordmod recovery. If I connect the tab and start Kies (Kies 3), I get the message, that the tab is a unknown device. Do you think it has something to do with this recovery? If not, any other ideas ?

Thans in advance for your effort.

Greets Paul
If I follow your thread correctly, you now have a stock firmware but with a custom recovery.
Is that correct?

By having the custom recovery, Kies is unlikely to recognise your tab, and to be honest if you are going to use Kies, then it will be to update and this would wipe your custom recovery anyway.
Trying to keep a foot in each camp does not really work, although I have never had problems with a rooted phone and Kies .

tsabus
16-08-2014, 16:15
Hi guys,
I have the same issue with my P7500 but I can not download the latest firmware. I get "Bad gateway" messages all the time...
Can anyone help me please ?