PDA

View Full Version : [General] Keeps freezing....

zambeezi
04-07-2014, 20:57
My tab freezes randomly.

If it happens while watching a movie the screen goes black but the movie keeps playing (I still have sound). Same thing with games or browsing the net, Youtube, etc.

The tab's never been modified and always updated via KIES. It's about 7 months old...

Anybody else having the same problems?

greenman
04-07-2014, 21:31
Sounds like a memory issue.
Either use a memory eraser app from the Play Store, or put your tab into Recovery Mode and wipe cache.

zambeezi
04-07-2014, 21:48
Thanks. I'll try the app - wiping the cache did nothing. The tab keeps corrupting my microsd cards too. The cards work in my S4 and my 10.1 tab 3 but as soon as it goes in the 7"it gets screwed up.

Going to try the app now.

greenman
04-07-2014, 21:52
Thanks. I'll try the app - wiping the cache did nothing. The tab keeps corrupting my microsd cards too. The cards work in my S4 and my 10.1 tab 3 but as soon as it goes in the 7"it gets screwed up.

Going to try the app now.
If you have an external so card that is corrupted then this will also crash your tab.
Have you tried a reformat of the card in the Tab?

zambeezi
04-07-2014, 21:54
If you have an external so card that is corrupted then this will also crash your tab.
Have you tried a reformat of the card in the Tab?

The card was fomatted with the tab and also on my pc... I've removed the card a couple of weeks ago to see if it has any effect... still crashes.