PDA

View Full Version : [Firmware] Changing language to Thai.

Spoofer
29-06-2014, 10:24
Hi all,

I have a Galaxy Tab3 8" here from someone who wants it in the Thai language.
The tablet itself has been bought in Belgium and I know the following info from it:

Model: SM-T315
Android: 4.2.2
Baseband: T315XXUAMG3
Buildnumber: JDQ39.T315XXUAMG3

Now I wanted to flash it to another firmware version of Android 4.2.2 that supports the Thai language.
I am currently downloading T315XWUANA1, I am not quite sure if this version supports the Thai language, but I have another tablet SM-311 from the same people that has been bought in thailand and if i lookup the firmware it say's singapore so I based on that, correct me if I am wrong :)

Now for flashing the device:

I just download the firmware, download odin and flash it with the steps that has been described like this:

Instructions

Extract (unzip) the firmware file
Download Odin v3.09
Extract Odin zip-file
Open Odin v3.09
Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes

Do i need to pay attention to some other details maybe ? as you would understand from reading this topic, this is the first time I am going to do something like this :)

I also have been reading something about CMW, is this really necessary to have ? probably if things would go wrong ?

Regards,
Steven

greenman
29-06-2014, 14:29
Sorry for the delay in replying.
Your instructions are correct for installing a stock Samsung firmware.
CWM is a custom recovery that is mainly used to install a custom firmware, so not required for what you are doing.

The only check to make is if the Tab is a 3G version.
If it is, then make sure it is not locked to a network before installing another firmware.

Spoofer
29-06-2014, 15:35
Sorry for the delay in replying.
Your instructions are correct for installing a stock Samsung firmware.
CWM is a custom recovery that is mainly used to install a custom firmware, so not required for what you are doing.

The only check to make is if the Tab is a 3G version.
If it is, then make sure it is not locked to a network before installing another firmware.

Hi greenman,

Thanks for the reply, I was not completly sure if i needed some more things or not.
Just flashed the tablet, works like a charm and got the language I needed so now I can bring it back to the owners :)

Thanks for confirming the steps, cause I do not have that much expirience with flashing tablets and stuff :)
The tablet indeed is a 3G version, but not locked to a network :).

Regards,
Steven