PDA

View Full Version : [Firmware] Galaxy Tab3 8" KitKat

25-06-2014, 11:36
Morning people.

KitKat for the Galaxy Tab3 8" (4.4.2kitkat) is NOW available for download in the UK and Portugal (250614)

I DIDN'T get a notification this morning, but I simply went Settings>About Device>Software update>Check for update, and there it was.

693Mb ready for download.

Enjoy

NB/
I believed that the Camera would be available from the lock/front screen, and also that "Okay Google" command would be available from the home scree. Neither of these are so :-(

Anyway...

thegoodrebel10
08-07-2014, 10:25
As of June/July 2014, the new update 'Kit Kat 4.4.2' is not available yet in Canada.

It could be my being in Central Canada, but that shouldn't stop the rest of Canada getting the update any later than say, January 2015. I feel I could be waiting THAT long for the update.

But thankfully I found the article on how to get the update manually (http://www.android.gs/flash-official-t310xxubne9-android-4-4-2-ota-update-for-samsung-galaxy-tab-3-8-0-wi-fi/), because my tablet hasn't got the new update yet nor has it bothered to receive the update!

If all goes well on manually updating my tablet, I will post here. If otherwise and all has not gone well, I'd either be scrambling the other pages or still posting here for help. But I will post here again to say it went well if it does.

thegoodrebel10
08-07-2014, 14:47
Manually updating to 4.4.2 worked! And it should, but if it doesn't, you've done something wrong.