PDA

View Full Version : [GT-P5200] stuck in boot loop!! Help!!

andreasbund
20-02-2014, 13:54
I was flashing a new custom ROM on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. When the Tab rebooted, it only showed the "Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" logo, and then afterwards, it turned off. When i try to turn it on, it does the same every time. Also, when i plug the Tab into the wall charger, a weird looking picture comes up, instead of a normal, charging battery. The new picture that comes up, is a battery, with a sort of speed-o-meter inside the battery. (Very weird indeed). The Tab does boot up in Recovery Mode and Download Mode, but i have tried everything in both of these modes.
I live in Denmark, so i don't really know which firmware i exactly is going to use.
Please help me out of this trouble asap!

greenman
20-02-2014, 17:09
I was flashing a new custom ROM on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. When the Tab rebooted, it only showed the "Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" logo, and then afterwards, it turned off. When i try to turn it on, it does the same every time. Also, when i plug the Tab into the wall charger, a weird looking picture comes up, instead of a normal, charging battery. The new picture that comes up, is a battery, with a sort of speed-o-meter inside the battery. (Very weird indeed). The Tab does boot up in Recovery Mode and Download Mode, but i have tried everything in both of these modes.
I live in Denmark, so i don't really know which firmware i exactly is going to use.
Please help me out of this trouble asap!
Not a lot to go on to give you help.

Can you link to the custom firmware that you installed?

If you are thinking of returning to stock firmware, can you give an idea if your tab was locked to a network and which country you think it orginated?

andreasbund
20-02-2014, 17:26
I flashed this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2624835

And, it is not locked to any network. I live in Denmark, and it also originated from there i believe.

greenman
20-02-2014, 17:40
I flashed this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2624835

And, it is not locked to any network. I live in Denmark, and it also originated from there i believe.
From the few messages, this does not look like a stable firmware at the moment.

Unfortunately, the CyanogenMod firmware is also not very stable yet for the P5200.

As the firmware you have installed is almost stock, then I would advise returning to stock.
There is no firmware for Denmark, so it's a guess as to your original firmware or you can try this:

Open Kies (not Kies3)
Remove battery from Tab and connect to Kies (battery out)
Go to Tools menu.
Follow instructions (model number and serial number as in battery bay)
Continue on until you get a firmware string.
This is your original firmware and Product Code.
Note these, then cancel.

Post your results, or look here for your firmware to download and install with Odin.
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=GT-P5200&pcode=NEE#firmware

andreasbund
20-02-2014, 22:16
So i just managed to download the appropriate firmware for my Tab. I flashed it in Odin, but when it reboots, it is stuck at the weird battery again...

greenman
20-02-2014, 22:27
So i just managed to download the appropriate firmware for my Tab. I flashed it in Odin, but when it reboots, it is stuck at the weird battery again...
Can you post a screen shot?

andreasbund
20-02-2014, 22:40

It does like this after flashing firmware in Odin..
It shows this picture for like 6 seconds or so, and then it reboots, and does the same again...

greenman
20-02-2014, 23:02
That's a new one on me. :confused:
Going to take a search to find out what it means.
Back if I get an answer - hopefully someone will recognise this for you.

andreasbund
20-02-2014, 23:05
I hope so! It it just very frustrating! Really hope you can find an answer for me, cause i really can't find one myself!!

andreasbund
20-02-2014, 23:06
NB. Also if i boot into Recovery Mode, there is a Android Robot laying down, with a red exclamation mark inside.. Don't know if this has anything to say..

greenman
20-02-2014, 23:23
NB. Also if i boot into Recovery Mode, there is a Android Robot laying down, with a red exclamation mark inside.. Don't know if this has anything to say..

This is recovery mode.
Can you confirm that you have been into Recovery Mode, and Cleared data/Factory reset?

greenman
20-02-2014, 23:48
What a coincidence.
I've been on my phone all day and using it tethered to a pc.
Just 10 minutes ago I had the notification that the battery was low. I ignored it and the phone cut out. I plugged it into the charger and first of all got your battery symbol.
This changed to a battery with a green band.

Your main problem would appear to be a discharged battery.
Will it charge? If so leave it turned off and on charge overnight.
In the morning go into Recovery Mode and Clear Data/Factory reset.
That should do it.

andreasbund
20-02-2014, 23:51
When i connect it to the wall charger, it also does the same..
It shows this weird logo, and then reboots and do the same..
Should i leave it there all night long?

greenman
20-02-2014, 23:57
When i connect it to the wall charger, it also does the same..
It shows this weird logo, and then reboots and do the same..
Should i leave it there all night long?
Yes.
Turn off and let it charge.
The battery symbol should appear, but will be empty.
If it is not charging them you are going to have to remove the battery and charge using an external charger.

andreasbund
20-02-2014, 23:58
Okay, i'll give it a go!
I'll be back tomorrow!

andreasbund
20-02-2014, 23:59
But for how long should it reboot, and show the weird battery logo??
It has been doing it for like 5 minutes now already..

greenman
21-02-2014, 00:00
But for how long should it reboot, and show the weird battery logo??
It has been doing it for like 5 minutes now already..

Is your tab turned off?
Try removing battery, leave a few minutes then replace.. Don't turn on, just put charger in.

andreasbund
21-02-2014, 00:04
How do i take out the battery of the Tab? Do you have a guide or something??

greenman
21-02-2014, 00:16
How do i take out the battery of the Tab? Do you have a guide or something??
Ah, yes. There is no battery compartment.
There is a YouTube here that explains how to do it, but try holding power button until screen goes off then plug in.

http://www.newpower99.com/Samsung_GALAXY_Tab_2_10_1_GT_P5100_Battery_Kit_p/samsung%20galaxy%20tab%202%20gtp5100.htm

greenman
21-02-2014, 00:34
This problem has happened because you did not have more than 50% battery before installing firmware.

Installing firmware is energy intensive, and your tab ran out of energy, so did not complete the task.
Once you have managed to charge the battery, go into Recovery Mode and Clear Data/Factory reset.

You may have to reinstall your firmware if this doesn't work.
But fully charge your battery first :)

andreasbund
21-02-2014, 00:36
I'll give it a go!
Be back with feedback tomorrow!

andreasbund
21-02-2014, 00:44
So i just pilled off the back panel, and took out the battery for about 01 minutes.
It does the same with the weird battery picture, but i'll leave it charging for tomorrow, and then try re-flashing the firmware..
i'll be back!

greenman
21-02-2014, 00:46
So i just pilled off the back panel, and took out the battery for about 01 minutes.
It does the same with the weird battery picture, but i'll leave it charging for tomorrow, and then try re-flashing the firmware..
i'll be back!
Weird battery is OK if it is not booting up.
See you tomorrow.
Goodnight from the UK. :)

andreasbund
21-02-2014, 07:22
When i woke up this morning and looked at the Tab, it was doing the exact same thing...
The weird battery icon showing, and kept rebooting.....
I'll try flash the firmware now..

andreasbund
21-02-2014, 07:34
Just tried flashing the firmware again..
No luck..

Please help!!

greenman
21-02-2014, 09:00
That is because your battery hasn't charged.
It should be fully green this morning.

You are going to either recharge battery, take to service, or purchase a replacement battery.

andreasbund
21-02-2014, 09:37
Well okay.. Thanks for your help!

scorpion51189
21-02-2014, 17:00
Hello bro ,that photo refers to Bug on firmware u trying to install so it shows u a battery with bug circle on middle so y have to go recovery mode and clear cashe then clear data and factory reset too

andreasbund
22-02-2014, 13:46
Tried so! Still not working..

mobilecracker
23-02-2014, 16:55
i think flashing with a different firmware would work,

andreasbund
24-02-2014, 08:54
Still not working...
Don't know what to do!

samvcr
03-03-2014, 02:52
Now i meet the same problem!

davidpotter
06-04-2014, 10:46
I also encountered this problem.
I hope so! It just very frustrating! Really hope you can find an answer for me, cause i really can't find one myself!!
Hope that will soon be remedied

davidpotter
06-05-2014, 17:58
Hello bro!
the problem here is that I'm interested.
that photo refers to Bug on firmware u trying to install so it shows u a battery with bug circle on middle so y have to go recovery mode and clear cashe then clear data and factory reset too.
More vew>>> https://internetvietnam.net/

imprez000R
15-06-2014, 20:32
Hi there,

I got a similar problem with my galaxy tab 3 (gt-p5200) bought @ Thailand.
I've tried several ROMs of this site (France / Switzerland) and i got stuck on bootloop.
Then, I've tried the Thaļ's one after and it worked. I followed the same instructions so i cant understand why the others aren't working, someone got an idea? It's pissing me off :(
My goal is to install a EU ROM in order to have the french language on my tablet.

greenman
15-06-2014, 20:55
imprez0004, to provide advice we need more information on your present set up.

Can you install this app and post:
Original CSC
Product Code
PDA version
CSC version
Baseband version
Android version

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo

imprez000R
17-06-2014, 20:45
Hi dude,

Thanks for caring.
I'll see what i can do but since the advice's language is Thaļ, it's kinda hard for me to do anything on it.
I'll try a solution with more locale hopefully, it will help.

imprez000R
17-06-2014, 21:29
Hi there,

I can't do anything because of the language. I've installed that ROM (THL) lately and it works
Original CSC: NC2 (THL)
Product Code: GT-P5200
PDA version: P5200XXUANC2
CSC version P5200OLBANC1
Baseband version P5200DXAMF6
Android version 4.4.2 (JellyBean)
Hope it will help.

greenman
17-06-2014, 21:43
Hi there,

I can't do anything because of the language. I've installed that ROM (THL) lately and it works
Original CSC: NC2 (THL)
Product Code: GT-P5200
PDA version: P5200XXUANC2
CSC version P5200OLBANC1
Baseband version P5200DXAMF6
Android version 4.4.2 (JellyBean)
Hope it will help.

No obvious reason that I can see why you cannot install a European firmware.
When you got the bootloop, did you try putting your Tab into Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache then Wipe data/Factory reset?
This will clear away any conflicts that are stopping your Tab from booting up.

imprez000R
20-06-2014, 20:03
Hey there,

Yeah, I've done that:
When i Wipe Data/factory, it does something and come back to the menu.
When i wipe Cache, it suddenly reboots and i get blocked again on bootloop.

I really don't understand, as the THL firmware works, and installing any french firmware (XEF) only gets to that result...

Do I have other options left?

greenman
20-06-2014, 20:12
Had a look around the forums and some users have had the same oroblem
Their solution was to flash the firmware again with Odin, but before starting deselect auto reboot.

This means that after flashing you will have to start up your Tab.

imprez000R
22-06-2014, 15:07
I'll give it try, thanks for helping.

imprez000R
23-06-2014, 13:42
I tried and it didn't work.
I deselected AutoReboot, and the flash went good (Pass! on Odin).
Then, i unplugged the device and stopped it by pressing the power button.
And finally, i start it up and it s stucked on bootloop again.
Maybe it wasn't the right procedure to restart the tablet when in download mode after flashing ?

osmarfranco
23-06-2014, 16:38
Solved! China installed the first firmware, I reset the phone and then I could install the firmware of egypt having all languages!

imprez000R
25-06-2014, 22:19
U mean, u installed China's Firmware first, and then another one?
Sounds weird...
What do you mean by reseting the phone?

imprez000R
26-06-2014, 22:00
Dude, it worked for me aswell!!
Thanks so much, this was a weird problem, and a weird solution too....
:D

vdihl
11-07-2014, 06:23
hi imprez000r & osmarfranco

can you give more details for solving this problem, in steps please.

regards.

obdc122
12-09-2014, 02:26
:D

dithxiemay
28-09-2014, 10:25
same happened to my GT-S5360. i was trying to get back to the original state of my phone. (when i first got my hands on it from samsung store)

i got a PASS from Odin. but my phone boot loops. I dont know what to do anymore. please help me :(

BOBYIE
20-12-2014, 18:29
I am not a developer but I had a similar problem.My tablet a (GT P5200) accepts upgrades but not downgrades.Latest firmware you can find at **************************/latest-firmware/.

diegopini
10-07-2015, 22:18
Hello friends I am new to the forum.
I have a problem with a sansung galaxy tab 3 GT-P5200, which will modify the file param.bin accident and the tablet on and I get the boot logo sansung Galaxy SIII, this happens to be wrong file and bear this. help .... Thanks.

greenman
10-07-2015, 22:25
Have you installed GT-I9300 firmware on a GT-P5200??

I am surprised that it starts.
Well done.

Can you get into Download Mode ?
If so, try and install the correct GT-P5200 firmware.

No Download Mode = no software solution.
Take to a Service Centre.

diegopini
15-07-2015, 23:57
Have you installed GT-I9300 firmware on a GT-P5200??

I am surprised that it starts.
Well done.

Can you get into Download Mode ?
If so, try and install the correct GT-P5200 firmware.

No Download Mode = no software solution.
Take to a Service Centre.

The tablet sansung galaxy tab 3 starts so far appears sansung logo Galaxy SIII and goes no further. if I have already flashed with Odin but nothing that logo start the tablet is removed. please help.

greenman
16-07-2015, 09:23
The tablet sansung galaxy tab 3 starts so far appears sansung logo Galaxy SIII and goes no further. if I have already flashed with Odin but nothing that logo start the tablet is removed. please help.

Have you tried flashing the correct firmware?
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/GT-P5200/

If you do not know the original firmware, then you will have to try several of them.

hafidkustantyo
28-07-2015, 12:57
My P5200 bootlop after downgrading to Jelly Bean, what should i do now ? Give me the solutions :(

greenman
28-07-2015, 13:13
My P5200 bootlop after downgrading to Jelly Bean, what should i do now ? Give me the solutions :(

Put your Tab into Recovery Mode.
From the menu, wipe cache then wipe data/factory reset.
How to enter Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5200 recovery mode

Power off your device.
Boot in recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Power Button and Home Button at the same time.
Release all buttons when the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5200 screen flickers and in a few seconds the Recovery screen will appear.