Samsung Marshmallow is a smartphone management, parental control app that helps a child develop healthy smartphone usage habits based on self-control.
Using Samsung Marshmallow, a child learns how to use a smartphone naturally by making his or her own smartphone usage plan, achieving goals, and getting rewarded. Also, parents can use the Marshmallow app to talk about smartphone usage habits with their children.
● A child can earn Marshmallow points when he uses his smartphone properly and loses the points when he does not.
● A child can set daily smartphone usage time limits himself.
● Parents can choose apps that they do not want their child to use from the apps installed on the child’s smartphone.
● Parents can set bedtime to help make sure a child has a good night’s sleep.
● Marshmallow mode allows a child to use only 8 apps. You can reduce smartphone usage in Marshmallow mode.
● In a home with Marshmallow, a day’s smartphone usage status is provided. Parent and child can check daily and weekly reports for more detailed usage information.
● Marshmallow provides Badges and extra bonus Marshmallow points when a child observes smartphone usage rules.
When a child has enough Marshmallow points, a child can ask the parent for a gift card to use in the gift shop.
● Samsung Marshmallow is an exclusive service for Samsung Galaxy users and is supported on the following smartphone models:
– Galaxy S8 / S8 + / S7 / S7+ / S6 / S6 Edge / S6 Edge+ / S5 / Note5 / Note4 / A5 / A7 / A8 / A9 / J3 / J5 / J7
– If you use a smartphone other than what’s listed above, please use the following path to check whether your device is running on HD resolution or above and Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or a later version:
Settings > Device Information > Software Information > Android Version
Samsung Marshmallow will ask the user for permission to access their smartphone in order to run these features:
[Mandatory Access Privilege]
– Storage: Save or load profile image in Samsung Marshmallow
– Call: Check device-unique identification information when signing up for Marshmallow
– Contacts: Check the Samsung account saved in the device for signing in to Marshmallow